Status
Please reply by conversation.

str8poolbanger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Johnstown, PA
If I am correct....

I have a customer to do some custom wiring for on Friday. He currently has 3 dishes on the roof. Basic, Phase 3, and AT9. I installed the AT9 and didnt move any of the wiring from the other dishes. I am going back to move the other receivers in his house over to the AT9 moving through 2 6 x 8 switches. I will be using power passing splitters of course. He has 2 older HD boxes that he wishes to maintain with OTA. I would think this isnt possible cause you cant OTA with an AT9 thorought the 6 x 8. But I would like some reassuarance that what Im going to tell him is 100% correct.

TIA

-Str8

str8poolbanger said:
If I am correct....

I have a customer to do some custom wiring for on Friday. He currently has 3 dishes on the roof. Basic, Phase 3, and AT9. I installed the AT9 and didnt move any of the wiring from the other dishes. I am going back to move the other receivers in his house over to the AT9 moving through 2 6 x 8 switches. I will be using power passing splitters of course. He has 2 older HD boxes that he wishes to maintain with OTA. I would think this isnt possible cause you cant OTA with an AT9 thorought the 6 x 8. But I would like some reassuarance that what Im going to tell him is 100% correct.

TIA

-Str8
Depending on how badly he wants his OTA at the moment, I suppose you couild leave the other Triple LNB set up up there till the OTA tuners are turned on and go back out and make adjustments when the OTA Tuners do get turned on....
If thats possible for both of you
Just an option.

Jimbo

But you can stack the new 6x8 multiswitch with the old one and retain diplexing for older receivers, or use splitters to drive a new 6x8 and an old 5x8 (I assume the OTA is connected to the fifth input of a 5x8?).

I'm going to use the "stacking" example which would give you four connections for new (MPEG-4) receivers and eight with diplexed OTA for the old receivers.
Connect the four inputs from the dish to a WB-68 (the new multiswitch). Take four outputs from the WB-68 and connect them to the four inputs of the old 5x8.
Connect any MPEG-4 receivers to the four remaining outputs of the WB-68. The outputs of the old 5x8 will operate just the way they do now. This is how my own system is configured.
Then run a separate OTA cable to any MPEG-4 receivers.

If you need more than four MPEG-4 cables you will need to use the new 4x16 multiswitch, or use broadband power-passing splitters on the inputs from the dish to separately drive the inputs of the two multiswitches, which would give you eight MPEG-4 compatible connections and eight "old" type connections still carrying OTA.

texasbrit said:
But you can stack the new 6x8 multiswitch with the old one and retain diplexing for older receivers, or use splitters to drive a new 6x8 and an old 5x8 (I assume the OTA is connected to the fifth input of a 5x8?).

I'm going to use the "stacking" example which would give you four connections for new (MPEG-4) receivers and eight with diplexed OTA for the old receivers.
Connect the four inputs from the dish to a WB-68 (the new multiswitch). Take four outputs from the WB-68 and connect them to the four inputs of the old 5x8.
Connect any MPEG-4 receivers to the four remaining outputs of the WB-68. The outputs of the old 5x8 will operate just the way they do now. This is how my own system is configured.
Then run a separate OTA cable to any MPEG-4 receivers.

If you need more than four MPEG-4 cables you will need to use the new 4x16 multiswitch, or use broadband power-passing splitters on the inputs from the dish to separately drive the inputs of the two multiswitches, which would give you eight MPEG-4 compatible connections and eight "old" type connections still carrying OTA.
What he said

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts