OTA trouble with E-86

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
I live only 16 miles from 4 Local HD channels that are all in the same direction(02919). I bought MegaWave's MTV-1 that is amplified becouse the antenna selector on TitanTV showed that it would be "excellent" from my location. I moved it around and faced every which direction and I cant keep the signal locked with my E-86. I Tried with and without it plugged in. I can get it to keep a station locked for about 10 seconds and it will drop off a second and come back for 10. Any suggestions? I dont wanna do anything drastic becouse im hoping DTV will have all of the local in HD soon. Thanks

jguy said:
I live only 16 miles from 4 Local HD channels that are all in the same direction(02919). I bought MegaWave's MTV-1 that is amplified becouse the antenna selector on TitanTV showed that it would be "excellent" from my location. I moved it around and faced every which direction and I cant keep the signal locked with my E-86. I Tried with and without it plugged in. I can get it to keep a station locked for about 10 seconds and it will drop off a second and come back for 10. Any suggestions? I dont wanna do anything drastic becouse im hoping DTV will have all of the local in HD soon. Thanks
Try a $5 set of rabbit ears you are close to the towers you might be experiencing multipath. Don't hold your breath for local HDTV.
:)

At 16mi you should not need to amplify even a 1Kw signal. Try the inexpensive Zenith Silver Sensor at Value Electronics.

As a former E86 customer, I HATE this particular model, however, its OTA capabilities worked better for me than other models I had tried. I was able yo tune stations that were as far as 42mi away from my location.

slacker9876 said:
At 16mi you should not need to amplify even a 1Kw signal. Try the inexpensive Zenith Silver Sensor at Value Electronics.

As a former E86 customer, I HATE this particular model, however, its OTA capabilities worked better for me than other models I had tried. I was able yo tune stations that were as far as 42mi away from my location.

I agree with slacker... if you are that close and all the towers are in the same direction, a silver sensor will work wonders for you! I used one and it worked great! Seriously, you will be surprised how well that thing will work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts