OTA UHF question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

VMsat

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
I have the sensar antenna that came with the original voom install and can only occasionally get some digital stations which are not in my DMA, or whatever, area. I do this by plugging the coax coming out of the splitter to the back of my tv instead of to the back of the reciever. The antenna apparently still gets power this way because the coax from the satellite part of the splitter is plugged into the back of the sat reciever. Anyway, I have bought a new antenna which i heard was good, the Channel Master 4228 8 bow UHF antenna. My question is how do I hook this up. I am going to use the Channel Master amp 7775 or something like that. Should I still use the diplexer and use one coax cable to the spliter and then plug the coax cable coming from the antenna plug on the splitter to the power supply. Also, I have heard that this antennna is also good for VHF. Should I try to hook both the antennas (then sensar and the new CM 4288) together to get both UHF and VHF. I so how do I do this. Please help me with this install. I have chosen not to call voom as the antenna was only $50 and I figured it would be quicker for me to just do it myself.

Thanks

i would just run its own line down i you have a amp with new antenna take off the diplexer on the back of the receiver and run it straight into the receiver you can also put a power passive splitter behind the tv and run a line to the voom receiver and one to you tv that way you can still pick up the stations that are not in you DMA right now.

TYORK (Teresa if you're ok with that), when you take out the diplexer on the back of the receiver, you still will have a combined signal coming down the cable. Satellite input will now go striaght to the box. Is there no harm doing this?
I am not the most knowledgeable techie here, and I am thinking of replacing the Voom antenna with my Winegard Metrostar 2000 (Omni-directional) I used with my E* 6000 receiver. Therefore my question.

I would like to do that except I only have one coax cable run from the roof to my television as I had to have the cable run in the crown molding while the crown molding was being installed. Is there a way for me to use the diplexer with the amp?? Also if I have to use two antennas, one UHF (4228) and one VHF, should i be able to use the sensar for VHF, which is an amplified antenna? If so then how should I wire these. I just changed my order from the CM 7775 to the 7777 which is a UHF and VHF amp instead of just a UHF amp.

Thanks

MarcelV said:
TYORK (Teresa if you're ok with that), when you take out the diplexer on the back of the receiver, you still will have a combined signal coming down the cable. Satellite input will now go striaght to the box. Is there no harm doing this?
I am not the most knowledgeable techie here, and I am thinking of replacing the Voom antenna with my Winegard Metrostar 2000 (Omni-directional) I used with my E* 6000 receiver. Therefore my question.

should be no harm in doing this but you only would take this off if you are running 2 lines. or you can just run your new antenna to the combiner and leave the diplexer.

TYORK said:
or you can just run your new antenna to the combiner and leave the diplexer.

Thanks for your fast reply!!
The Winegard has a preamp, so I am not sure I can run it to the combiner.

MarcelV said:
Thanks for your fast reply!!
The Winegard has a preamp, so I am not sure I can run it to the combiner.

yeap you still can run it though the combiner

VMsat said:
I would like to do that except I only have one coax cable run from the roof to my television as I had to have the cable run in the crown molding while the crown molding was being installed. Is there a way for me to use the diplexer with the amp?? Also if I have to use two antennas, one UHF (4228) and one VHF, should i be able to use the sensar for VHF, which is an amplified antenna? If so then how should I wire these. I just changed my order from the CM 7775 to the 7777 which is a UHF and VHF amp instead of just a UHF amp.

Thanks
yes you can use the diplexer with the amp. AS for the 2 antenna i am not 100% sure on this but i think you can use a power pass splitter before the combiner out side and use both antenna. and then you can use the diplexer on the back of the receiver .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)