ota w/new reciever

craigs2553

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I was installed on July 19th around 1:00 pm. I could only receive hdnews until about 8:00 pm that night. The voom receiver works great except the OTA channels. I have checked allot of the posts on this issue but haven't found anything to help me. The receiver came with the 6.00 firmware already installed. After going through the steps to scan for locals the only channel that shows up is fox. I cant get CBS nor PBS. I have a built in HD tuner in my TV and I can still get CBS & PBS just fine, have never been able to get fox as the station can't or won't turn on the digital broadcast. I haven't contacted voom yet. What should I do? Is this a problem with the receiver? Or should I wait for a update? It would be nice not to have to switch inputs just for locals. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

craigs2553 said:
the only channel that shows up is fox. I cant get CBS nor PBS. I have a built in HD tuner in my TV and I can still get CBS & PBS just fine, have never been able to get fox as the station can't or won't turn on the digital broadcast.
craigs2553, Welcome to the forum!
The CBS & PBS stations that you mentioned, are they digital or analog? Your TV tuner can get both types, I assume.
Check www.antennaweb.org for your street address. It will tell you which digital stations you should be able to receive, what kind of antenna you need and in which direction it should be pointing to.

Sorry to tell you but it's the cheap Moto receiver. But I'm sure Voom will be glad to Upgrade your antenna, for it is no fault of theirs.

I figured it was the moto receiver. I have the biggest rat shack antenna they make on a 40ft pole with rotator. I guess I will wait and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)