OTA with a "move"?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dclboro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
I have an over the air antenna attached to my dish to get my locals. If I were to make a "move" to another city, would i get that city's locals through my programming guide and still keep my current locals too with my OTA (2 sets of locals)? Or would the "move" interfere with my OTA?

You should be good as long as Dish provides the EPG info for those chanels. I live in Sac. and receive a few OTA stations from San Fran and San Jose and get the EPG info for those stations.

S~

It works for me , but I am curious if anyone has" moved" to a city in an earlier or later time zone. Does this make your guide time be off and if so does it cause your ota station guide information to be wrong or off by the time zone you "moved" to? It would make the ota guide information completely useless if it does effect your guide times. If it takes into account that the ota channels are from a time zone that is not the same as your sat locals guide information, then it would be nice . Anyone know for sure ?

I actually live in one dma and receive another's via OTA. I get the HD locals from the one I live in and receive the guide info for the OTA. Any local suppled by Dish in the mapped down location with end with -00 or -0 after channel number while the OTA will have -01 or higher depending on the number of subchannels. No interference at all.

i moved twice. I still receive ota guide info in my area, plus I still receive the sd channels that I had previously moved to from a nearby larger city without hd on the 6000's, and I get the new hd channels from the area I moved to. I guess I get the best of all worlds.

Suggest you avoid moving to a city that has locals off spotbeam (110). Use a city that has locals off a standard tp that you can verify you can see the signal from. I tried moving 200 miles to Portland (spotbeam) and found not only did I not get Portland but also lost Seattle OTA guide. In all the posts I've read on the subject this seems to be the only case where the move didn't work for either purpose.

I've read that the times on the guide info follows to the new city. If that's important to you and you live on the west coast I think most of us are limited to Los Angeles (other cities are on spotbeams). My whole reason for moving is to get FoxHD (Seattle KCPQ and Dish can't come to terms). I'm staying put for the meantime because the moving negatives outweigh the staying positives for now.

So you are saying that the time of the receiver does effect the ota guide data times as well? For example I live in the central time zone. What if I move to the east coast or the west coast. Will this change the time on my ota channels making the guide data off and useless?

I have an over the air antenna attached to my dish to get my locals. If I were to make a "move" to another city, would i get that city's locals through my programming guide and still keep my current locals too with my OTA (2 sets of locals)? Or would the "move" interfere with my OTA?

wont interfere. I'm doing ithat right now. Have locals via "move" in the 75XX area of the reicever and my OTA at their normal channels.

I do not have guide info on the OTA channels though :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)