OTA with Dish Network

jconlinjr

Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
I long time ago I had Direct TV, I had 4 tv,s on it. On the back of the dish was a multiplextor that had a connector on it for OTA. I used it and it worked fine.

Now I have dish and wish to do the same. I do not have a mutiplexer to connect the OTA to, How would I do it.

I wish to use the OTA using the same wire the the dish uses. Can this be done?

Thanks
John

Yes, it can be done. You need to use a diplexor to add the antenna feed to the line. What receiver are you using as some cannot receive any OTA signal and others can only receive digital signal.

Sat dish coax & OTA antenna coax to diplexor. One coax to inside. At other end, inside, single coax into diplexor, two coax out- one marked for sat, one for OTA.

what about one of these? ive never seen it work but it might be possible (i guess)... might wont to get more info on it.. http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/JVI/35-DN34.htm
35-DN34.jpg

Ok I got 2 diaplexors and it does not seem to work. I have a dvr from dish and it is hooked up to 2 tv's. On the back of it the installer put a diaplexor and what looks like a splitter. The out put of the diaplextor is the out put to tv 2. I tried putting another diaplexor in and tv 2 was all fuzzy.

Any other ideas?

OK- that "looks like a splitter" is a separator. Different beast.

From the dish, into one of the two coax inputs on a diplexer. The other input is connected to your OTA antenna. A single coax goes down to your TV/DVR. Put the other diplexer next in line, near TV/receiver. One of the outputs should be marked OTA or ANT or such. That will have your OTA antenna signals. The other output should be marked SAT or similar. Connect a coax from that to the separator. The separator will also have two outputs, both go to the two satellite inputs on your dual tuner DVR.

Does this help?

Ok let's see if I have this right.

This what I have right now ( that dish installed )

Outside the house coming off the dish there are 2 wires.

One goes to a diaplexor (sat in)

out goes to the dvr.

Tv out goes to tv 2

On the back of the dvr there is a diaplexor and a separator.

The other dish wire goes to tv 3 & 4 ( I do not need to touch those).

So outside where do I connect the new diaplexor for my antenna?

Inside where do I need to connect the new diaplexor?

No I have 625 in the living room ( where the HDTV is)
and the kids have a regular dish network reciver for there tv's

The output of the 625 also feeds the master bedroom.

Thats why there is a diaplexor already on it, that's how the bedroom tv sees the dvr on channel 73

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts