This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

OTA With Rotator

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Hi, Folks,
I have a dilemma. I live in upstate Ny, 13815. roughly in the center of a triangle formed by Binghamton, Syracuse and Utica.
I have ordered an Antennas Direct 91XG for my digital reception. I am waiting for a local electronics guy to obtain a commercial grade pre-amp for me ( super low noise, high gain).
Just for grinns, I hooked my tv (a Polaroid 15 inch with ATSC tuner) to one of my ham antennas up on the tower and pointed it at Binghamton and scanned. I was amazed to find 3 or 4 digital channels, one was even in HD! I swung the array north to Syracuse and scanned and got a few more. I repeated the process with Utica and got 1. However, every time I re-scan, I lose the channels already in memory. My question is: how can I retain these channels without having to re-scan every time I want to watch a channel from a different area, short of getting 3 antennas and pre-amps?

Yes, I found that with my Direc hd receiver.
I am referring to my tv with built in tuner.

Every tuner is different. What you MIGHT be able to do is scan while pointed in one location then go the other locations and ADD channels (not a rescan) that should leave them all in memory if your tuner is capable of this.

Most tuners do not ask for a zipcode.

My Tv tuner does not, and as far as I can tell, it does not offer the option to add channels.
So, I guess I'll just have to re-scan when I change areas.
Thanks for your input guys.....