Ota

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kevcarron

Original poster
Nov 6, 2005
CT
Is it worth it to add OTA antenna to my H20 or wait to see what D has to offer in Local HD when the new satellite gets turned on? I'm currently in Connecticut. :confused:

Without knowing what stations are in your area, it is very difficult to tell you what you're missing. Understand that when DIRECTV does carry your HD LIL, it will likely only be the ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC primary feeds (assuming they aren't owned by certain obstinate companies). You'll likely need an OTA antenna to get any subchannels and other networks (PBS, CW, MNTV) that interest you.

Connecting an OTA antenna without SWM is a chore. You should run an additional coax to each receiver that you want to watch OTA on. Of course if you live close enough to the broadcast towers, you might be able to get away with a set-top antenna.

I just wanted to add my agreement to adding an OTA antenna. I can now get more HD feeds than what D* offers plus when that rain fade happens, and you know it will, the OTA usually works fine. In fact yesterday I was trying to watch my NBC local on D* HD. It broke up occasionally and I turned it to the OTA HD. Not one problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts