OTH Dishpass recordings

jbeckley

Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
I read on another site that it may not be possible to use the dishpass recording manager to record future shows if they orignate from my local OTH HD provider.
This is even when I subscribe to local channels. Is this true? If so why am I the only one that find this to be a poor design choice. Right now I subscribe to direct TV and have th Hd10-250 TiVo. This HD PVR displays all my local analog and
digtal channel program guide along with all the sat channels in a single unified guide. It is no problem to add a local OTH HD program to the "season pass".
Please tell me this isn't so

jbeckley said:
I read on another site that it may not be possible to use the dishpass recording manager to record future shows if they orignate from my local OTH HD provider.
This is even when I subscribe to local channels. Is this true? If so why am I the only one that find this to be a poor design choice. Right now I subscribe to direct TV and have th Hd10-250 TiVo. This HD PVR displays all my local analog and
digtal channel program guide along with all the sat channels in a single unified guide. It is no problem to add a local OTH HD program to the "season pass".
Please tell me this isn't so

jbecklley,

Dish uses the Local SD Channel Guide to determine the programing schedule on the local HD channel.

If you subscribe to the local market package from Dish and you are receiving the same channels' digital signal then when you set timers you will be able to search and set season pass timers for the Digital OTA channels, be sure you add those channels to your receiver via the add local channels.

The Local HD channels will showup in the EPG with the same guide data as your Satellite delivered SD channels and on the channel number in their PSIP signal. In some cases this will be the channels Analog channel assignment, and in others it's actual Digital Channel assignment.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)