Other Sites thoughts on our 622 review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I see another site is making fun of our review and they are claiming how great their review is going to be.

What is funny is that the person who is doing the review is under a NDA and cant talk about even having the 622 to other staff members, so if they all know he has it and is doing this great review doesn't that mean that this person broke his NDA? Think about that one for a bit.

Folks I wrote this review as a user upgrading from a 942 to a 622, I felt it unnecessary to explain to you how every feature on the units operates as most folks have a 942 already they know how the features work, I wouldn't waste my time or yours, If I wanted a manual I would read the one that came with the receiver.

I should also note that this review came from a final shipping version of the receiver, I have not had a 622 in my house since JULY like folks at the other forum had. I gave you an honest review of what I received, not some box which has been sitting iin someones house for the past 6 months.

What I got at my house is exactly what you will get if and when you decide to get one.

In addition I PAID for my 622 and I pay for my Dish Network service, can the others say that?

Because I pay for everything and I dont have things handed to me like the other guys I am DAMN PROUD to give you my honest feelings without worrying about offending someone or being afraid to get kicked off the "Team"

I look forward to a more comprehensive review ... something on the scale of Mark Lamutt's review of the 942.

Anyone remember Marks FIRST release of the 942 and how he said it was the greatest thing ever released... then I got my 942 and found a lot of things wrong with it which completely opposite of what Mark reported in his review?

Then remember how Mark went back in and edited his review because people were mad at him because he didn't do an honest review?

Mark Lamutt is nothing but a pseudo dish network kiss ass employee.

Look at what has been posted over the past few weeks by James Long, Jeff McCleenan & Ron Barry, can anybody actually believe a word they are saying after the load of Bullsh!t they were feeding everyone over the past few weeks?

I am proud of what we reported, it was honest and more importantly ACCURATE. The others can't say that.

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys members. :)

No need to apologise, Scott! You posted a great review and no one cares what the other site says about it! :D

jimboeau said:
Who is Jeff McClellan? Bitter little guy:eek:

I don't pick on them anymore, however when they take a shot I fight back, and for some reason they never refute my claims that I have made against them (and they can't because its TRUE) so instead they go into damage control mode and try acting like they are everyones friends.

Don't take my word for it, watch these guys yourself and you will see what they do with your own eyes.

Watch that thread over there to get closed, or edited soon, thats the way they do things. They are lying rat bastards. You would think they would learned by now but they haven't so I keep calling them to the table on it.

In my next post I will post some findings, sorry about my rants, but if they want to play with matches they are going to get burned.

Scott: Ignore those frustrated critics; they're just mad 'cause you beat them to the first comprehensive review. Your review of the 622 was clear and enjoyable. Somehow you captured the excitement of discovering each new feature for me as if I were unpacking it and setting it up, myself. (as the blank screen/telephone call) I think you've invented a new literary form! Then your patience with our many inquiries in the follow up was also informative--Scott, don't lose your enthusiasm and generosity! Like you said, if you want a manual, it's there--but reading the manual puts most of us into a sound sleep from data-overload.

Scott don't worry about the BS that James and Ron spit out over there. I would take your reviews and opinions over any of theirs. I read the thread about your review and their maturity really shows. Keep up the good work and let them keep driving their members over here.

Scott,
The best way to handle detractors is to let them self destruct. Don't respond because it takes you to their level. If you had not mentioned them I would have not visited their site. They do not have the number of people reading their site as this site does. If you start spouting lies or cutting off people with honest opinions, people will stop going to this site too. Let it go. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Heh they closed it already. Jeff deleted my post asking him where these so called 10,000 units are. :) That place is pathetic.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Watch that thread over there to get closed, or edited soon, thats the way they do things. They are lying rat bastards.
I called that one didn't I? :)

Its funny the person who Closed it (Jeff McClellan) is the one who closed it after stating that...

Understood, but we wont close or lock this thread either. Open discussion is good.

Guess open discussion WASN'T good

They should list this in their disclaimer/terms of service...

"All threads will be closed if you disagree with a moderator or one of the multiple personalities of a moderator. You have been warned"

scooby2 said:
They should list this in their disclaimer/terms of service...

"All threads will be closed if you disagree with a moderator or one of the multiple personalities of a moderator. You have been warned"
Just to be fair, they edited removed and then closed the thread. You can not disagree or be critical with them!!! My $.02 it probably isn't worth much..

Scott Greczkowski said:
I called that one didn't I? :)

Its funny the person who Closed it (Jeff McClellan) is the one who closed it after stating that...

Good call on that, TF

Scott Greczkowski said:

Scott - I have a great deal of respect for you and your site. You have definately put a lot of work in trying to be the man in the know. However, I kinda feel that there has been a lot of sight bashing back and forth and quite frankly, and this goes to all the sites I am on, not just this one, I would like to see this kinda stuff end. When it comes to what was going on at DBSTalk's 622 forum, I would also like to point out that the forum is plainly spelled out: "This forum is HIGHLY moderated" That says it all to me.

I enjoyed reading your review of the 622, and think it is definately a step in the right direction. Not a direction I intend to take any time soon. Hell, I just added my 811 on 1/29/06, so I am a late comer. It's not even on an HDTV, but an old 800x600 LCD projector.

Finally, I hang out at these sites because I genuinely want to help out other people. I'm not always right, but I have over 6 years of experience to offer others. I have no interest in any kind of ranting about who is better and what someone else did. I am interested in offering advice and technical help to those who need it, and I would like to be able to continue doing so.

Last word from me on the other site.. First THANK YOU for all the kind words, PM's and emails you have sent me on this issue.

It was not something I wanted to do publicly, but I was not going to sit around while they continued to lie and spread mis truths. They said they were not going to close the thread (they closed it) they said they were not going to delete it (they deleted it) There is a reason DBSTalk's middle name is BS.

I am also happy to say that I have been contacted by a few folks whos eyes I opened regarding NDA matters, and now I am confident that they will take the proper action to enforce their NDA's

To be honest I am looking forward to their review, as one review is not enough, the more opinions we have on this product then the better of you are in making an informed decission when you decide if you want to purchase one of these units or not.

If you get a 622, PLEASE post your thoughts of it here at SatelliteGuys, after all my opion of it is only 1 opinion. There is power in numbers, so please help out your fellow SatelliteGuys users by telling them your honest opinion when you get your hands on a 622.

Like Forest Gump once said.... "That's all I got to say about that" :)

Back to your 622 questions and comments please :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am also happy to say that I have been contacted by a few folks whos eyes I opened regarding NDA matters, and now I am confident that they will take the proper action to enforce their NDA's

Exactly how does this help everyone out in the long run? I for one do not want to see any of the sources of new and useful information turned off. No offense, but, IMHO, this should have been something that should have been done in private, regardless of any personal feelings on the subject. Anytime that a lawyer could possibly get involved is something that really should be handled discreetly.

larrystotler said:
Scott - I have a great deal of respect for you and your site. You have definately put a lot of work in trying to be the man in the know. However, I kinda feel that there has been a lot of sight bashing back and forth and quite frankly, and this goes to all the sites I am on, not just this one, I would like to see this kinda stuff end. When it comes to what was going on at DBSTalk's 622 forum, I would also like to point out that the forum is plainly spelled out: "This forum is HIGHLY moderated" That says it all to me.

I enjoyed reading your review of the 622, and think it is definately a step in the right direction. Not a direction I intend to take any time soon. Hell, I just added my 811 on 1/29/06, so I am a late comer. It's not even on an HDTV, but an old 800x600 LCD projector.

Finally, I hang out at these sites because I genuinely want to help out other people. I'm not always right, but I have over 6 years of experience to offer others. I have no interest in any kind of ranting about who is better and what someone else did. I am interested in offering advice and technical help to those who need it, and I would like to be able to continue doing so.

In a perfect world this would come to be...... I've said it before that the constant sniping back and forth diminishes both of you. I'm still going to post in both places and I find value in both from time to time. I too hope that detente breaks out, and each can find a way to accept the long term view that they will both be around to offer insight, commentary, and opinion.....

I've got to agree with Bob and Larry on this.

Scott, you've got the better site. You have the subscribers. People here and in the industry respect what you are doing and work to help make this site better.

I think you really need to learn to rise above this level of sniping. Take the high ground. Praise them when they do good and ignore them when they do bad. People will respect you for it.

This reminds me of politics, i.e. ads run around election time. Don't tell me bad stuff about the other guy, tell me good stuff about you.

It's immature and unprofessional to bad-mouth others. Saying "they did it first" doesn't make it okay to do it back. Remember what Mom taught you ?? "Two wrongs don't make a right". If what they do is so dishonest, let them dig their own hole and bury themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)