Out of Area HD access in Pittsburgh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

djm833

Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
I recently requested waivers for ABC, NBC and Fox for the HD feeds from DirecTV. I already have CBS out of New York. I was told that DTV no longer provides east and west coast feeds to customers who are not provided feeds through network owned stations. I was told that I could keep the CBS but if I changed for any reason could not get it back.

I happen to live close enough to the towers but because of the local topograghy I have not been able to get a OTA signal from indoor antennas. I live in a relatively deep valley surrounded by tall trees. I am reluctant to spend hundreds of dollars on an outside antenna that possibly will not work. I also have to deal with the wife acceptance factor and local building code issues for anything attached to the top of the house.

Any suggestions?

DJ

We also recently called DirecTV about getting waivers in the Pittsburgh area. Our situation is that we are surrounded by hills and Pittsburgh in relation to most towers. We can get WTAE fairly easily but everything else is a no go. Our house was basically inserted into an area cut into the side of a hill. So behind the house facing North, there is wall of rock, and we can't seem to get past it. I believe an expensive indoor antenna may do it, but I am also nervous.

The CSR I spoke with said they would put in the request but to only expect one or two of the stations to agree to it. They said it would be some time before we knew.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)