Out of state college ball game on FS1 Detroit instead of Tigers???

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
The Tiger game is on Fox Sports 1 AGAIN. Of course, I have 120+ and can't get it. To my knowledge, when I had the 200 package this never happened although of course it might have been on an alternate. And what is on FSN??? A ball game with FLORIDA International and EAST CAROLINA on Fox Sports DETROIT.:confused::mad::rant: WTH??? Makes no sense to me.

Sorry guys, had to vent.................

Ed

I MEANT FSN (NOT 1/one) has the college game.

FS1 games can be exclusive and tonight is one of them
5/3: Tigers-Royals (exclusive to Kansas City and Detroit)

What that means is only FS1 can carry it and not the local FSN stations

other Detroit FS1 exclusives
5/24: Rangers-Tigers (exclusive to Dallas and Detroit)
6/14: Twins-Tigers (exclusive to Minnesota and Detroit)
7/19: Indians-Tigers (exclusive to Cleveland and Detroit)

The Tiger game is on Fox Sports 1 AGAIN. Of course, I have 120+ and can't get it. To my knowledge, when I had the 200 package this never happened although of course it might have been on an alternate. And what is on FSN??? A ball game with FLORIDA International and EAST CAROLINA on Fox Sports DETROIT.:confused::mad::rant: WTH??? Makes no sense to me.

Sorry guys, had to vent.................

Ed

I MEANT FSN (NOT 1/one) has the college game.

Hey don't piss off us Pirates, esp when it comes to baseball on TV. We've been at a high level for a while and yet we still get crap coverage (see: MAYBE one game on TV a season)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FS1 games can be exclusive and tonight is one of them

What that means is only FS1 can carry it and not the local FSN stations

other Detroit FS1 exclusives

Thanks Ice. Who/what determines this? Fox, MLB or ??? Guess its not Dish?

Ed

Fox has been notorious of late with these exclusive agreements. Last year I believe it was, if a game was being shown on the FOX broadcast channel on Saturday afternoon, then NO OTHER games for ANY OTHER teams could be shown during that timeframe. Teams would usually get around it by scheduling their games in the evening, but if they fail to do so, then that game would not be on TV at all. Draconian.

Fox has been notorious of late with these exclusive agreements. Last year I believe it was, if a game was being shown on the FOX broadcast channel on Saturday afternoon, then NO OTHER games for ANY OTHER teams could be shown during that timeframe. Teams would usually get around it by scheduling their games in the evening, but if they fail to do so, then that game would not be on TV at all. Draconian.

That changed with the new contract this year. There is no "exclusive" anymore. Also the other Fox games when they do the Big Fox regional games in May-July the other games will be on MLB EI.

Thanks Ice. Who/what determines this? Fox, MLB or ??? Guess its not Dish?

Ed

This year is the new contract with MLB & FOX. The big thing was Big Fox went down to 10 weeks this year. FS1 gets the other Saturdays in the season. Some weekends both have it.
The good for fans is the Fox regional games are all on MLB EI now. Use to be you'd get one game and the other 2 are blacked out. Also Fox had an "exclusive" window that is no longer.

This FS1 thing does help teams like the Twins who have an agreement with FSN North for 150 games. The FS1 games allow teams to have extra games on TV.

That changed with the new contract this year. There is no "exclusive" anymore. Also the other Fox games when they do the Big Fox regional games in May-July the other games will be on MLB EI.
That's good to know. But the national channels still will always trump the RSNs. If MLB Network, ESPN, FS1, et. al. is showing a game, then none of the RSNs would be allowed to show it, potentially blocking out viewers that don't have the proper programming package. Then the RSN is forced to show substitute programming like Florida International vs. East Carolina. :rolleyes:

That's good to know. But the national channels still will always trump the RSNs.
not necessarily. There are some games that are on BOTH FS1 and the RSN. I know maybe 2 weeks ago the "late game" on FS1 was a feed from FSN...I forget who it was

If MLB Network, ESPN, FS1, et. al. is showing a game, then none of the RSNs would be allowed to show it, potentially blocking out viewers that don't have the proper programming package.
wrong. MLB Net games are ALWAYS blacked out in the local area UNLESS the team isnt televising it. Then it can be shown.
ESPN other than Sunday night had their "Exclusive" tag dropped so in the home team market you can watch either ESPN or the local RSN

The only one who has "exclusive" some weeks is the FS1 games. For the Twins as example this gets more games on TV. I posted the reason in post 10

Here are the FS1 "exclusive" games...as in it will only be on FS1 (note a couple games only are exclusive in 1 of the teams market)

FS1 exclusives
4/5: Twins-Indians (exclusive to Minnesota and Cleveland)
4/8: Reds-Cardinals (exclusive to Cincinnati and St. Louis)
4/19: Angels-Tigers (exclusive to Los Angeles and Detroit)
4/26: Angels-Yankees (exclusive to Los Angeles and New York)
5/10: Indians-Rays (exclusive to Cleveland and Tampa)
5/15: Padres-Reds (exclusive to Cincinnati)
5/31: Braves-Marlins (exclusive to Atlanta and Miami)
6/7: Indians-Rangers (exclusive to Cleveland and Dallas)
6/21 Rangers-Angels (exclusive to Dallas and Los Angeles)
6/28: Twins-Rangers (exclusive to Minnesota and Dallas)
7/5: Diamondbacks-Braves (exclusive to Phoenix and Atlanta)
7/12: Cardinals-Brewers (exclusive to St. Louis and Milwaukee)
7/26: Indians-Royals (exclusive to Cleveland and Kansas City)
7/29: Yankees-Rangers (exclusive to New York and Dallas)
8/9: Indians-Yankees (exclusive to Cleveland and New York)
8/16: Padres-Cardinals (exclusive to St. Louis)
8/23: Braves-Reds (exclusive to Atlanta and Cincinnati)
8/26: Twins-Royals (exclusive to Minnesota and Kansas City)
9/6: Royals-Yankees (exclusive to Kansas City and New York)
9/13: Padres-Diamondbacks (exclusive to Phoenix)

wrong. MLB Net games are ALWAYS blacked out in the local area UNLESS the team isnt televising it. Then it can be shown.
Yeah, oops, I was thinking it in reverse.

So, then what is the explanation for the OP? His game is not on the FS1 exclusive list.

You know what sucks? I live in NW Ohio, about an hour south of Detroit. I'm a tigers fan. I work for Dish network. But because they black out almost every game, I'm a DirecTV subscriber, just so I can watch tiger games. Don't know why direct shows them and dish doesn't, but whatever.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

There are times that Dish may not pay for the "outer ring" of a RSN. It happens here in Duluth, MN

Both the Twins and Brewers claim Duluth and DIrectv gives you both. Dish gives you only the Twins. They (dish) didnt pay for the "extended" area of FS Wisconsin for pro games (they do get the Badger hockey games though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)