Outage/Installs Inc. to the rescue

cmurray

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Hi All,

Well, unlike a lot of the Install Inc. posts that are negative, I'd like to add a good post for them. I realized on Thursday, that I had lost my signal completely and figure it must have occurred Tuesday or Wednesday, since we had some bad weather in California. I assumed , along with the Voom CSR, that my dish had moved, but I couldn't see it to verify this. They scheduled me for a week from that day, but I couldn't imagine having to wait for a troubleshooting call, not an installation. The CSR gave me Installs Inc. number and told me I could try and see if they can do something sooner. I got a hold of Installs Inc. on Friday morning, the CSR told me that their system also showed the first free time was for next Friday, but he could contact the assigned technician and see if he could do it sooner. Within an hour, Moses contacted me and came right over. Moses and another installer arrived in the pouring rain, found that the pole bent and broke. They installed a thicker pole, re-aligned everything and was gone in about 40 minutes. I was not only pleased with Moses coming right over, but to do it in the rain was above and beyond, but I am sure an expected thing to do from Installs Inc. point of view. I thought I'd share that with you all and hopefully Voom and Installs Inc. catch word of this to know that they do have good people working for them and not all incidents are a bad experience.

Thanks for taking the time to post a good experience cause they are sure far and in between.

I work for voom and you know it is nice to know we have good techs out there. b/c really all i hear all day is the bad things.

bean1897 said:
I work for voom and you know it is nice to know we have good techs out there. b/c really all i hear all day is the bad things.

Well, I have been pretty fortunate that I have had everything go smooth with my setup and service. All questions or issues were resolved in a prompt manner. I hope more Voom and Installs Inc. associates read these forums. It can only educate them more on what to improve on or what they are doing well. On a side not, I would recommend that they work on a better solution for assigning techs to installs vs. trouble tickets. I think trouble tickets should be taken care of within 24 hrs and installs a week or better. I don't think all calls should be lumped into one queue, like mine was going to be. That may mean a few extra installers are available per region, but it can make all the difference in the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts