green - uhf WEDH-DT 45 PBS HARTFORD CT 0° 12.7 45
red - vhf WEDY-DT 6 PBS NEW HAVEN CT FCC Ext 220° 15.2 6
red - vhf WTNH-DT 10.1 ABC NEW HAVEN CT 246° 11.5 10
red - uhf WFSB-DT 3.1 CBS HARTFORD CT 9° 17.4 33
blue - uhf WCTX-DT 59.1 MNT NEW HAVEN CT 246° 11.5 39
blue - uhf WUVN-DT 18.1 UNI HARTFORD CT 9° 17.3 46
violet - vhf WTXX-DT 20.1 CW WATERBURY CT 0° 12.7 12
violet - vhf WWLP-DT 22.1 NBC SPRINGFIELD MA 19° 38.9 11

Right now I have been using an indoor terk that is precariously balanced at an odd angle almost straight up and looking out my kitchen window. It seems to get WTNH no matter where it is aimed and in its current position I also get WFSB.

I am looking for an option for an outdoor antenna (preferably not a huge thing since I live in a condo complex) that I can put on my back deck. Any more of these channels would be great but I am really hoping to pick something up in the next couple days so I can catch the superbowl in HD on WTIC.

any reccomendations?

thanks!

Best bet is a CM4228, it is UHF only, but that is where most HD is, only but will pull in channel eight on up. It is a bit large, something like 20" wide and 30" tall. Not sure of the size, don't feel like going up on the roof to measure.

It is one of the best you can buy, really pulls in long distance stations.

Channel Master does make one smaller that I have heard good things about.

Check the web for the size that you need.

yea. that wouldnt really work in my condo complex.

I did a lot of looking around online and people had a lot of great things to say about the DB2 from antennadirect so I went ahead and got one. I dont get it, doesnt seem much less directional than my old terk and I still dont get FOX - how can that be? its only 12 miles away and i see people posting reviews about the DB2 where they get lots of channels 20+ miles away

Best bet is a CM4228, it is UHF only, but that is where most HD is, only but will pull in channel eight on up. It is a bit large, something like 20" wide and 30" tall. Not sure of the size, don't feel like going up on the roof to measure.

It is one of the best you can buy, really pulls in long distance stations.

Channel Master does make one smaller that I have heard good things about.

Check the web for the size that you need.

It's not unusual for a UHF only bowtie antenna to pickup VHF well enough to work for either analog or digital reception. My Winegard 4-bay bowtie picks up VHF 3 (analog), VHF 11 (analog) and VHF 8 (Digital) all with my UHF Only PR4400. Part of the reason is the power level and relatively close vicinity (8 Miles, 21 Miles and 24 miles, respectively) to the towers.

I also built the 'coat hanger' antenna and I am picking stations(VHF) up over 40 miles away.

Yesterday I build an antenna very close to the CM4228. I am picking up WJW 8.1 (UHF33). I am getting the station at 65+%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)