Outdoor antenna selection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ksharp20

Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Olivet, MI 49076
Antennaweb says I need a Medium directional with pre-amp (Blue). I have looked at a couple of retail sites, but they don't really tell which antennas fall into this category. I also have several large pine trees in my line of sight to the towers that range from 20-30 miles away.

Any suggestions of which antenna might work well for me. I can mount on roof on a two story home.

Thanks.

ksharp20 said:
Antennaweb says I need a Medium directional with pre-amp (Blue). I have looked at a couple of retail sites, but they don't really tell which antennas fall into this category. I also have several large pine trees in my line of sight to the towers that range from 20-30 miles away.
Any suggestions of which antenna might work well for me. I can mount on roof on a two story home.
Thanks.

For DTV reception all your local stations are UHF. A Channel Master 4221 might work without a preamp.

Your bigger problem is the variation in directions for the local stations. A rotor will work, but rotors are problematic for DVR's.

If you buy two UHF antennas you can aim one antenna at FOX, ABC, and NBC, and the other at CBS. Use a jointenna tuned to channel 59 for WLNS-DT to connect the two antennas together.

One supplier of these is: http://www.warrenelectronics.com/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)