over the air local channels (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

woodrow

Member
Jun 29, 2011
7
0
sothern wv
I live in Myrtle Beach SC and just install ota antenna in my attic. My local NBC is about 14 miles from me and 90% of time i receive a total maxed out signal, the other 10% nothing, I know the direction is correct but signal fads in and out.Have a radio shack r75 antenna good for 50 to 75 miles,any idea on hoe to fix?
Thanks
Woodrow
,
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
9,905
2,340
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Try adding an attenuator to the main antenna cable. It sounds as if you are getting to much signal, because you are so close to the transmitter and it is overloading the tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

sergei

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2007
1,266
5
iowa
I live in Myrtle Beach SC and just install ota antenna in my attic. My local NBC is about 14 miles from me and 90% of time i receive a total maxed out signal, the other 10% nothing, I know the direction is correct but signal fads in and out.Have a radio shack r75 antenna good for 50 to 75 miles,any idea on hoe to fix?

I don't think the issue is getting to much signal, but more information would help, like is this the only station that's doing this or are all the stations, are you using a convert box or straight into the TV. Have you rechecked all your connections to the antenna.
 

Don_M

SatelliteGuys Guru
Apr 30, 2008
128
0
Aurora, CO
I'm voting with OSU1991 here: This sounds a lot like signal overload. But even if it turns out to be something else, an attenuator would be an inexpensive way to rule out overload.
 
Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top