Overscan problem with 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ashoo

Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
My 811 picture to my Panasonic 34inch HDTV is missing picture on all four sides by about an inch on each side. Initially I thought it could be an overscan problem with my TV but the picture from the other inputs (DVD and VCR) seems to be OK. I also confirmed this by connecting my DVD to the 811 back panel video input. In this case the DVD picture output from the 811 is definitely cropped considerably. I haven't seen this listed as a bug. Anyone else having the same problems?

Ashoo

Kinda sounds like your picture is letterboxing. I had letterboxing on my LiL locals initially. This was solved in P269 revision software.

I have seen many 811's require picture position to be adjusted, which can be done from menu 6-1-9, but I would need more info and maybe a digital pic to understand better what your issue is.

I would like to add that many HDTV displays have input settings that are completely independent from other inputs. I would just remind to check what aspect ratio and output resolution you have the 811 set to in menu 6-1-9 and what aspect mode your display is set to.

Jason