Owned Modem comcast speed upgrade any problems?

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
In my area ,Las Cruces NM, Comcast has upgraded the speed of uploading and down loading. In the email that alrted us it has a proceedure to reboot vour system before the system can go faster. There is a place at the bottom of the dialog box to click on to check your modem to see if it is a DOCSIS3.0modem.
As I understand it my modem needs to be compliant with this standard to take advantage of the new speeds.
My question is: if my modem is not a DOCSIS3.0modem what path do I take to comply so I can use the extra speed , short of renting one from comcast. mine has been paid for in triple from not renting thiers. or is there an alternative?:confused:

In my area ,Las Cruces NM, Comcast has upgraded the speed of uploading and down loading. In the email that alrted us it has a proceedure to reboot vour system before the system can go faster. There is a place at the bottom of the dialog box to click on to check your modem to see if it is a DOCSIS3.0modem.
As I understand it my modem needs to be compliant with this standard to take advantage of the new speeds.
My question is: if my modem is not a DOCSIS3.0modem what path do I take to comply so I can use the extra speed , short of renting one from comcast. mine has been paid for in triple from not renting thiers. or is there an alternative?:confused:
This.

To confirm others opinions, you can continue to use your existing modem, but will not receive any speed upgrades via firmware. You must purchase a new modem that is d3 to utilize the new speeds. I personally dont like the zoom modems, but its all opinion, id go with either ubee or motorola

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2