Owning vs Leasing

Scherrman said:
I've never heard of a mirroring fee. It's just a secondary receiver fee.

Its call prpgramming access fee. No such thing as a mirroring fee, except when being charged to run a cable to mirror ( identical picture) as another tv. But not a monthly fee.

The main benefit of owning for me is, with one phone call me and Dish are through. Same with cell phones and data service. They provide nothing but "service".

Thanks for all the meaningful replies. I like owning cause I like new equipment and when Dish sends out there refurbs I know its only a matter of time before they crap out on me. I have a 211 refurb that I got with my new install and its got audio issues. It fades in & out and has recently made some shows sound possessed by the devil. I will probably get another refurb from them but I saw I can get a new one for less then $100 so if I'd be avoiding the fee, I'd do it. You know it says a lot when your equipment costs more then your programming.

Asserting that new is better than refurbished isn't supported by the facts. New equipment usually gets tested by partial sampling. Refurbished equipment is supposed to be tested at a 100% sampling rate.

For my part, I've never had a refurbished receiver fail but all three of my new receivers (including the 921 that I bought outright) have failed. To date, none of the refurbished replacement receivers has failed.

Asserting that new is better than refurbished isn't supported by the facts. New equipment usually gets tested by partial sampling. Refurbished equipment is supposed to be tested at a 100% sampling rate.

For my part, I've never had a refurbished receiver fail but all three of my new receivers (including the 921 that I bought outright) have failed. To date, none of the refurbished replacement receivers has failed.

My first two NEW 722K's failed quickly. I got a refurb and it has worked like a champ for a very long time.

Any piece of electronics can fail. My first iPhone had a bad wifi chip. Sometimes people act like Dish has some kind of above average failure rate. They don't. They have millions of boxes out in the world. My Comcast neighbors are on their fourth DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts