Ozzie Guillen Big Mouth....

Ozzie said something stupid. What he said isn't the issue here. The thread isn't about whether he's a racist or whether he's homophobic, the topic is about him not knowing how to shut up or say "no comment". He called a guy a fag (which we don't know if that's true) because he doesn't like him. I stated factual statements. Totally different ball of wax. Whether or not you believe what I said is irrelevant.

Purogamer said:
Ozzie said something stupid.
This is a fact...

Purogamer said:
I stated factual statements.

Purogamer said:
Only difference is that south americans (and mexicans) are kind of known to experiment quite a bit in regards to same sex interaction. Some say it's due to the heavy policing/imprisoning, I think it's because so many of the woman are absolutely disgusting.

These are facts? I'm willing to bet that that comes as a big surprise to the vast majority of Mexicans and South Americans. Who knows, it may be true with your scientific survey of the limited sample of Mexicans you know, but can they speak for all Mexicans? And what about South Americans? Who are your "sources" there?

Purogamer said:
the topic is about him not knowing how to shut up or say "no comment".

LOL...the irony is killing me!

Look, what Ozzie said was stupid....there is no doubt. Now the comments you made Purogamer were just as dumb.. If you have came out with "I have been told by some Mexicans I know that alot of their women are ugly"...fine, we would go by what your Mexican friends/acquaintances/co-workers had stated, but you made a comment as if you KNEW what you were talking about and/or did some kind of research. Now, me living in a melting pot known as Miami, yes...we have ugly women....but because of ALL the cultures that live here...and IMHO, only NYC has more different cultures than Miami, there are SO MANY FINE as hell Latinas that the GREAT ones FAR out number the ugly ones. Now back to Ozzie...like I have stated many times before, I have worked with Chicago media for 7 years...all in the mid 90s and I have delt personally and professionally with Jay Marriotti....and he is the most arrogant, obnoxious, pompous, self-righteous a**hole I have EVER met...hell, makes Mike Lupica look like a choirboy! Marriotti is NO WHERE near the innocent lamb he is portraying himself to be in all of this. I do not condone what Ozzie said, but Jay has a PROVEN history in Chicago sports media to rub the wrong way in a very callous way...

Purogamer said:
Only difference is that south americans (and mexicans) are kind of known to experiment quite a bit in regards to same sex interaction. Some say it's due to the heavy policing/imprisoning, I think it's because so many of the woman are absolutely disgusting.

brainiac said:
These are facts? I'm willing to bet that that comes as a big surprise to the vast majority of Mexicans and South Americans.

See how you're twisting what I say? Had I said "All South Americans and Mexicans are known to experiment" you'd have a point in saying that I was portraying this as fact. However, I said they are KIND OF KNOWN to experiment QUITE A BIT. There's a clear difference.

Do you think there are no mexicans in ohio or something? They're everywhere and I like them. I talk to mexicans all week long. Their culture is different, but not so different from our own. What's so hard to understand about that? There are plenty of homosexual mexicans just like there are plenty of homosexual americans. Perhaps the mexican you know just aren't being honest with you. I couldn't blame them, American isn't exactly gay-friendly anymore and they're probably afraid to say anything.

If you want to talk about ozzie, fine, but stop twisting my words around to get the focus off of the topic. Whether you think i'm racist or whatever is your opinion, but take it up with me privately, this thread has been spun out for long enough.

Purogamer said:
See how you're twisting what I say? Had I said "All South Americans and Mexicans are known to experiment" you'd have a point in saying that I was portraying this as fact. However, I said they are KIND OF KNOWN to experiment QUITE A BIT. There's a clear difference.

Do you think there are no mexicans in ohio or something? They're everywhere and I like them. I talk to mexicans all week long. Their culture is different, but not so different from our own. What's so hard to understand about that? There are plenty of homosexual mexicans just like there are plenty of homosexual americans. Perhaps the mexican you know just aren't being honest with you. I couldn't blame them, American isn't exactly gay-friendly anymore and they're probably afraid to say anything.

If you want to talk about ozzie, fine, but stop twisting my words around to get the focus off of the topic. Whether you think i'm racist or whatever is your opinion, but take it up with me privately, this thread has been spun out for long enough.
Not twisting your words. You made an all-inclusive statement. You didn't say just a few. You didn't say just the ones you know. You qualified it later, but not originally, so don't say that I twisted your words - I used exactly your words. Also, don't assume that I don't know about Mexican, or hispanic, culture. Quien sabe, es posible que soy mexicano! You made an unsubstantiated generalization, and I pointed it out to you. I never said that you were racist, rather I was saying that you had made the same kind of mistake that Guillen had made. I don't think that Guillen is a homophobe - he just used poor judgment in what he said. OK, I'm done now!:haha

LOL!!! damn give it up purogmaer. i will say you have more guts then rocky balboa; but your are wrong on this. say you made a mistake and that would be the end of it. the more you defend the worse you look. sleep well all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)