P* dish and lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grover

Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
Can I use a SW21 to combine the HV outputs of a P* lnb, and then feed the Sw21 output to a port on a Diseqc 4X1 that feeds a Nexus?

Some guy in a chat room says he is doing that way and it works.
On the other hand I read in an info blurb:
"It is very important to emphasize that the SW-21, SW-44, and other standard Dish Network switches are 100% incompatible with your DVB-S card. They cannot be used with the card or in combination with a DiSEqC."

I'm confused
Can I run a single output of the lnb to the Nexus to test it?
What would LOF and SWLof, and Sw Type settings be for this connection?

grover said:
Can I use a SW21 to combine the HV outputs of a P* lnb, and then feed the Sw21 output to a port on a Diseqc 4X1 that feeds a Nexus?
nope...wont work....however a DirectTv 3X4 switch WILL work...they run pretty inexpensive
Some guy in a chat room says he is doing that way and it works.
On the other hand I read in an info blurb:
"It is very important to emphasize that the SW-21, SW-44, and other standard Dish Network switches are 100% incompatible with your DVB-S card. They cannot be used with the card or in combination with a DiSEqC."

tried a SW21 a while back..would not work..see above for other option
I'm confused
Can I run a single output of the lnb to the Nexus to test it?
What would LOF and SWLof, and Sw Type settings be for this connection?
yes. All you would get is vertical or horizontal. If you are going to use it for G10, use the Vertical. Thats where most of the stuff is :)

Thanks, I had asked if I could run the FSS lnb straight into the nexus.
You answered, Yes, wither H or V.
Now, let me modify the question, Can I run either the H or V thru the DiSEqc and then to the Nexus?
And what would LOFs be?
Thanks again for your help

If you have a DiSEqC switch, you can use 2 of the ports (one for V and one for H)

The LO would still be 10750

Iceberg,
Thanks for the response. In the case of using the Diseqc to combine(?) the H & V of the P* lnb, what would be the setting for switch Type: None or LNB 1 ?
I just got a 2nd hand 3X4 multi switch and am wondering if that is flakey. That is why I want to feed the P* lnb directly to the Nexus to be able to check (1) LNB, (2) 3X4 Sw), and (3) the 4X1 DisEqc.

lets say vertical is in port 1 and horizontal is in port 2, then on the DiSEqC screen, for h, you would put LNB2 and for V would be port 1

For the 3x4 switch, you wouild hook both lines to the inputs of the 3x4, and run the output to the DiSEqc switch. Then you would have H & V on one port :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts