P.O.S. 811 Strikes Again!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
:mad: :mad: I'm getting very frustrated with this damned box. I've been shutting it off whenever I don't watch it and it still won't work correctly for more than a few days.

Today I had a timer set and Mr. Blinky just sat there blinking for an entire hour and the timer never fired so I captured an entire hour of CBS Soap Operas instead of the show I wanted. :no

So tonight I'm recording "Merlin" on DiscoveryHD, it's 3 1/2 hours long. I turn on my TV around 9:30 to check my recordings and that's when I found the misfired timer and then the dangblasted 811 is doing it's famous choppy video/pixelating, puking routine so I had to reset the lame blasted piece of crap "AGAIN".

I have to reset this box at least twice a week to keep it working properly, what's the deal? In the post about Dish programmer's, I retract my original statement to "THEY STINK"!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

The only thing that makes less sense than a buggy 811 is the guy who keeps using it...=)>

...this coming from a guy who hasn't seen tv in a week because his box doesn't work and he can't stomach a call to a CSR...and now the remote has stopped working as well (Sat button won't light up, ugh...it's a sign...)

I hear ya! The only reason I don't put my 6000 back in it's place is due to the recording capability while watching HD and the 2 day guide with search.

Van said:
I dont get it, why continue to trudge through the problem time after time instead of trying to get a replacement unit?

Because it's not the damn unit, it's the f*cked-up software! My 811 worked perfectly fine with 2.84, 2.89 and up has not only introduced a bunch of new problems, it re-introduced previously fixed ones. :mad:

Get me a replacement unit loaded with 2.84, and a way to prevent E* from forcing an upgrade, and I'll be happy to exchange my now POS 811.

NightRyder

I like Directv and the software is much better, with the launch of Spaceway 2 Oct. 26th they should have much more HDTV capacity. I gave up on DISH crap about 2 years ago and no complaints about Directv reliability.

Van said:
I dont get it, why continue to trudge through the problem time after time instead of trying to get a replacement unit?
Van, as a Dish Tech, you are living in denial. Please tell me you don't think Dish has good equipment? You must not support the 811. ;)

Here it goes again! I just reset it last night and today I was recording "Yellowstone Geysers" and not 30 minutes into the show, pixelation and video stuttering again.

I also had the same timer problem this weekend, had it set set and Mr. Blinky just sat there blinking for an entire time and the timer never fired.

After 9 days I got my receiver working again after wiping the hdd clean and starting over. Amazing what a few button presses on the remote can fix. Why E* won't just walk me through this on the phone instead of making me wait 4 days for a new un-necessary receiver is beyond me...

It now works BETTER than new, it's faster than it was when I first started...Thank you dishmod...

Thing is is that I put in an 811 the other day and it worked fine, I havent had any 811 service calls in a while. Im not living in denial, there are receivers that I consider nightmares such as the web tv units strictly for the first time set up of a new one ( yes there are still new units out there and Ive seen some ) the 111, and the dual tuners. From what Ive read here and elsewhere it seems hit or miss with the software problems on the 811's for end users wich makes me think that its possibly a bad production run or two and not the whole lot.

If your getting pixelation whats your signal look like for that sat and transponder? What lnbf and switch config do you have?

Van, I have a 2 dish setup using a SW21 to feed 61.5 and 110/119 into my 811 and 6000. I never have any issues with the 6000, just the 811. The pixelation/video stuttering is an 811 anomaly and does not affect the 6000 and it doesn't seem to matter what channel I am tuned to, it just starts doing it and if I turn off the power sometimes it recovers and sometimes it requires a reset, it's hit or miss.

I plugged the 811 into the same setup where I had my 6000, nothing was added or changed, I just set it into my HT to replace the 6000. I moved my 6000 into the family room and it never has a problem like this. Maybe I have a bad run, but I can't exchange it with Dish as I bought it from a Forum member so it's not covered under my extended warranty plan. Is this something I can look forward to living with for the life of this unit?

SimpleSimon said:
What makes you think that?
If your Dish equipment is not purchased from Dish or an authorized Dish dealer, they will not cover it under the extended warranty. I know, I bought a quad LNB and tried putting it on there and they refused.

Pos 811

Darrell P
Sign up for the Dish home protection plan, wait a few days call up bit$h Scream and Holler, threaten to cancel , whatever it takes. They should get the picture tell them it does not work at all!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)