Pac-12 Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hope dish carries it. But knowing Dish's track record on sports channels, it seems iffy. Maybe they will carry an on-line/Internet version. Maybe they will only carry the national channel. Maybe the Pac12 Nets will be available on Roku or Apple TV. I don't mind paying an extra ala carte fee. No matter what, though, we are big Pac12 fans and we'll take steps to get it. My preference is not to leave Dish. I have been holding off on receiver upgrades though....waiting to see what happens (no 2 year commitments at this time to Dish).

I hope this is carried. It won't push me over the edge and cause me to leave Dish but I'm a big PAC-12 fan stuck in Georgia. It's mostly football, baseball and softball for me but I'd love the addition. Trouble is I'm already confused as to whether or not I should say Go Wildcats, Beavers or Huskies... Just a fan of the conference.

OK, so I rarely post, but I had to jump in on this one. I've been a DISH subscriber for nearly fifteen years and most of those have been AEP plus sports packages. I love the product that I get from DISH - external hard drives, great DVRs, etc., so I've never been tempted to switch providers. But this one would cause me to switch in a heartbeat. As a west coast guy, I'm a HUGE Pac-12 fan. And there might be rational reasons for not carrying the network (high fees, etc.), but this is where I become irrational. If college football season started this Saturday and DISH didn't carry the network, I'd be cancelling today. Oh yeah - GO DUCKS!

Dish carried the Big10 network from Day 1 for all those that lived in Big10 country. Those outside of those regions needed to sub to the multi-sport package. I am in that category. Now, I see the same configuration coming with the Pac12 network. Let's see what happens before we all jump on the "I'm gonna leave train!"

Bobby said:
Dish carried the Big10 network from Day 1 for all those that lived in Big10 country. Those outside of those regions needed to sub to the multi-sport package. I am in that category. Now, I see the same configuration coming with the Pac12 network. Let's see what happens before we all jump on the "I'm gonna leave train!"

Not planning on a jump here though it might force my hand into the Multi-Sport pack. Wish they would lift the package requirements, though. If I'm going to dish out nine bucks a month I'd like to be able to do it on DISH America. The only reason I have Silver is for MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL networks. I'd get those in MS.

WHOO! WHOO! ALLLLLLL Aboard...............

As much as I'm a PAC 10... Errr... 12 fan, it bothers me that all these leagues (and pro sports teams) are pursuing their own RSNs. There are already plenty of RSNs to show the major content and I can't imagine that the minor content will be all that compelling to the majority of viewers. Besides, I like knowing that the teams I care about will be on my local RSN, whereas a Pac 12 will likely choose to broadcast the "biggest" matchup at a given time (which isn't necessarily the one I'm interested in).

So I guess, in the end, I see this as a money grab that doesn't even remotely excite me. Hopefully the rates will be reasonable and Dish carries it, but I am not going to hold my breath.

As much as I'm a PAC 10... Errr... 12 fan, it bothers me that all these leagues (and pro sports teams) are pursuing their own RSNs. There are already plenty of RSNs to show the major content and I can't imagine that the minor content will be all that compelling to the majority of viewers. Besides, I like knowing that the teams I care about will be on my local RSN, whereas a Pac 12 will likely choose to broadcast the "biggest" matchup at a given time (which isn't necessarily the one I'm interested in).

So I guess, in the end, I see this as a money grab that doesn't even remotely excite me. Hopefully the rates will be reasonable and Dish carries it, but I am not going to hold my breath.

As a multi-sport sub in the Bay Area I can say that I can see every Big10 football game each week, live and in HD. You get the main games on the main channel and all the rest on the alternates. If the Pac12 Network is set up the same, you'll not miss any game at all....

Good point Bobby and I love the Big10 network. But it is truly the reason that all of these other conferences are establishing their own networks. The BTN is providing $$$$$$$$$$ to all it's members and it's ratings have been surprisingly high even in the offseason. I see the Pac10 network especially succeeding in Oregon where (like much of the BTN area) there are tons of TVs and fans and not a lot of pro competition. That is what has made the BTN.. TVs, fans and ratings. While the other conferences are hoping to get the same results (=$$), I'm not seeing the numbers.. too much competition, not enough TVs (but the PTN will do well in Oregon anway). It's just going to frustrate College fans as more networks have to be negotiated and want "their share".

So... with the AMC hardball negotiations done, is the same thing going to happen with Pac 12? We are less than 60 days away from the first Pac 12 football game and have not heard much anywhere on this subject other than *D*"s CEO posturing. I just don't see either sat provider agreeing to 7 channels especially *E* with their RSN issue. Been a Dish subscriber for 12+ years and cant live without my 722's...but without MY football team...this would force me to "gulp" Comcast. I can only hope the PAC network will cave from 7 to 1 or 2 feeds or spotbeams. Anyone have any inside info from either party?

My biggest fear is that it will be impossible to see any Pac-12 football games UNLESS you have access to all the Pac-12 channels. Up to now there have always been at least three Pac-12 games on various networks every weekend in football season, and sometimes four or five. If that goes to zero for non-Pac-12 subscribers I will be really angry. On the other hand, if Dish does carry all the channels AND if we get the HD feed I will be happy to pay a little extra to get them. One drawback to the situation in previous years has been games I really wanted to see often wound up on a Fox RSN and came to Dish customers in SD.

denisincalif said:
My biggest fear is that it will be impossible to see any Pac-12 football games UNLESS you have access to all the Pac-12 channels. Up to now there have always been at least three Pac-12 games on various networks every weekend in football season, and sometimes four or five. If that goes to zero for non-Pac-12 subscribers I will be really angry. On the other hand, if Dish does carry all the channels AND if we get the HD feed I will be happy to pay a little extra to get them. One drawback to the situation in previous years has been games I really wanted to see often wound up on a Fox RSN and came to Dish customers in SD.

I Agree with paying a bit extra for Pac 12 as long as you get your home team in HD and no "JIP"...

GRG said:
I Agree with paying a bit extra for Pac 12 as long as you get your home team in HD and no "JIP"...

I'm pretty sure it's NOT going to happen this way but I wish they would offer it as a stand alone channel. I'm a huge PAC 12 football, softball and basketball fan and would gladly pay for this channel separately. If they carry it, I figure they will place it in Multi-Sport. I have Dish America and don't really care to change so I can get MS and I know a lot of people on Family / Welcome that are PAC 12 fans and won't change for MS. Go Wildcats!

It looks my backup plan to access the PacNets via the Internet (Apple TV/Roku/iPad) won't work. You will have to be a TV subscriber to get the games over broadband. My last hope is for Dish to come through for me. Come on Dish....I've stayed with you for 13 years.....don't let me down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)