Pacific NW HiDef Install ?

I was with Dish over 10 years. The 129 (E5) satellite will ruin the whole HD experience for you. Since moving to DTV in October I've had no dropouts. The advantage for Dish has been their DVR's. But since the last DTV national software push on the HR20 (and the last CE on the HR21) I'm not so sure I'd prefer to have the 622. It's a moot point anyway if you can't get a stable signal from dish off the satellite they've chosen to put the bulk of their HD programing on.

I still get dropouts in southern Oregon even with a 24" dish.

Over time I went from the 1000 to a dedicated 500 to a 24 and finally to a 30". The 30" in Seattle did the best job. But by that time I'd find myself watching the meter way too much of the time trying to figure if I was ok or not. I'd still see the signal degrade every half hour even if most of the time the degradation didn't effect PQ. I had to sit back and evaluate why I was paying Dish good money to torture my HD signal and waste my time.

I have yet to see any specific plans from Dish to improve the situation. I'm sure they will eventually. But I ran out of patience.

I'm sure further north of me the signal is even worse.

I live 50 miles north of Seattle and have not had any drop out issues with the 129. HD has always come in fine- an installer who came by to repoint my dish after roofers moved fine tuned the signal. No issues here. Now if only we could get KCPQ Fox 13 in HD......

I also live in the Pacific NW and have an ongoing problem with the 129 satellite. I've been a E customer for 10 years I'm tied to a 18 month contract due to an upgrade. I contacted E via email and explained my problem. I received a reply and they stated there would not be any charge if I decided to disconnect. So I have an install for Jan. 23rd with D. I really liked E but cannot live with the continually loss of the HD signal on the 129 satellite. I live in the Astoria, OR area.
Zoom Zoom

levibluewa- I know. I am just inside the Green Zone. I understand up where you are HD is an iffy proposition. Also, the installer said anyone on the coasts- Oregon and Washington will have difficulty getting HD due to the 129 being what it is. Something CSR don't tend to share....

I haven't had any problems with 129 which has a dedicated 500 Dish except one time when we were having problems getting signals from 110 & 119 as well. Actually, 129 was the best of the three! Dish came out & repointed the two dishes (I think he moved the 129 dish) & we haven't had a problems with any since.

I haven't had any problems with 129 which has a dedicated 500 Dish except one time when we were having problems getting signals from 110 & 119 as well. Actually, 129 was the best of the three! Dish came out & repointed the two dishes (I think he moved the 129 dish) & we haven't had a problems with any since.

Getting a good peak signal off 129 wasn't the issue so much as when the signal dropped every 30 mins or so (at least for me). If you are having good results with a 500 you are very very lucky! I'm glad someone is. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts