PacificCable.com

bjohn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
SORRY, I posted this in the wrong forum. Can a Mod please move it to CHIT chat club. Sorry.

Rant. Please don't flame me :)

I recently purchased a DVI to HDMI cable from pacific cable. I have a Dish 811 receiver with DVI out and a Toshiba TV that has an HDMI input. When I set the output on the 811 to 480i I can get a picture on the TV, but it's very grainy and has greenish color all over. When I set the output on the 811 to 720p or 1080i, I don't even get a picture, all I can see is the screen rolling around.

I thought it was a bad cable and decided to purchase one from ebay ( what I should have done it in the first place! ) and lo and behold I have no problems at all outputs.

So I emailed customer service at pacific cable and told them it was a bad cable and they told me to ship it back. When I shipped it back, I wrote them a letter stating that it was a defective cable and I should not be charged a restocking fee. Nevermind the fact that I had to pay the shipping fees to send it back.

When I got my refund back guess what? they charged me a 20% restocking fee, plus I paid for shipping. When I emailed customer service again, they said they tested the cable and it was fine and they had no problems. What a lie! Mind you I have two 811's and it didn't work on both!

Moral of story: don't buy from pacific cable.com.
If you do, just hope that it's not defective and you don't have to send it back.

I've found a great ebay seller (lenexpo) that has dvi to hdmi cables
Cheap prices: $24.49 with shipping compared to $35.70 pacificCable charges.

Just my rant.

I would suggest you email them a link to your thread and let them know that 13,000 satellite users will not buy from them because they didnt want to give up their $10 bucks.

Thanks for the warning about Pacific cable.

REBUTTAL: I've purchase several cables from these guys and every cable has been flawless at about 1/4 the price of Monster Cable and their CS has been top notch for me. Take it with a grain of salt, not everyone's perfect.

Darrel,

I agree.

That's why I said if you do buy it, just hope that it's not defective and you don't have to return it.

Plus they said the cable that I sent back is working fine.

I also have ordered several cables from pacific cables. No problems here, fast shipping too.

To the original poster, why didn't Pacific Cables send you a new cable? Also, it seems you are assuming the cable is bad without really knowing if it is. It is entirely possible that when you receive the cable from your ebay source, the results will be the same.

If you were running a company, and somebody sent a cable back to you saying it was defective and they wanted their money back, and you found the cable to be perfect, what would you do? I would follow procedure and charge the restocking fee.

--Dan

After re-reading the original post, I see that he actually has a cable from ebay and it works. That changes things a bit, I didn't see that the first time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)