Packages & Prices of Bell Expressvu

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Here's a listing of the current packages and prices of Bell Expressvu.
Please point out any errors and they'll be corrected.

updated @ 10:20am on 2/25/2005
updated @ 8:15am on 3/14/2005 to add international packages
undated @ 7:15am on 6/06/2005 to add Global-HD and CBC-HD
updated @ 7:45am on 8/04/2005 to change CityTV/A-Channel listings
updated @ 2:00pm on 9/26/2005 to reflect 9/30/2005 price changes

Attachments

• Expressvu Packages.doc
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,146
  • BellPrices.jpg
    BellPrices.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 5,750
Question: Did G4TechTV Canada change names to G4 as the US version did (mind you the new "Call For Help" with Leo Laporte is only available on G4TechTV Canada), and likewise did Fox Sports World Canada become Fox Soccer Channel as did the US version?

Is G4TechTv available FTA in Canada? I guess one could buy a system just to get Call For Help from up there. Does The Screen Savers from the Canadian channel have the same shows and hosts as the U.S. show?

No, that's part of the new digital channels that were added to ExpressVu and StarChoice a few years ago. Those are all pay. CBC isn't even FTA any more on small dish. I'm not even sure CBC is even still available on C-band.

Yes, TSS is just a US feed. Same show. The only differences are Call for Help 2, Chalk and Dotto. I think that's it.

Derwin0 said:
Here's a listing of the current packages and prices of Bell Expressvu.
Please point out any errors and they'll be corrected.

updated @ 10:20am on 3/25/2005

Really a great list - Thanks!!

Also glad to see we are covered for the next couple of weeks!! ;)

Craig

2005 NFL Sunday Ticket is $179CAN.

fyi, the 2005 NFL Sunday Ticket on ExpressVu is $179CAN this year. This includes at no extra cost the HD games.

Derwin0 said:
fyi, the 2005 NFL Sunday Ticket on ExpressVu is $179CAN this year. This includes at no extra cost the HD games.

well shiznits, I'll go for that! I'll even go thru the trouble of having an address in Toronto, paying my uncle for the service, obtaining a bell HD unit and their whole nine yards including paying their basic package. My only problem would be if any of those games will be on transponders that are not well focused to the northern part of California (Ie: 3 7 11 and 23). Those other odds should come in with a larger collector for me.

Just a little FYI. CBC-HD, Global-HD, and SRC-HD are now in the HDTV Package. It is interesting to note these 3 new channels aren't "backed" by an actual TV station (IE: Toronto/Vancouver) like the other network HDTV channels.

It is difficult to explain, but these channels are presented as additional services to your local station. For instance Global promos will say something like 'call your cable or satellite provider to receive the Global HD Channel'. Sometimes the channels have what is on the network schedule and sometimes not.

Is it possible to get NESN-HD with BEV? Voom was my best hope for Red Sox games in HD. It appears Directv will not get to national distribution of the regional sports networks for a couple of years, if then.

Thanks.

cpa98

Welcome :wave

NESN is not on there probably because it is not approved in Canada..and NESN isn't on Bell ExpressVu :)

Canda has Rogers Sportsnet

bryan27 said:
Just a little FYI. CBC-HD, Global-HD, and SRC-HD are now in the HDTV Package. It is interesting to note these 3 new channels aren't "backed" by an actual TV station (IE: Toronto/Vancouver) like the other network HDTV channels.
Iv'e corrected the listings to add Global-HD and CBC-HD. Global -HD is CIII-DT out of Toronto and CBC-HD is CBLT-DT out of Toronto.
I haven't found any confimation about SRC-HD, and without a 6100 I can't verify.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)