Packages updated recently?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shadowfrom88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2013
Sunny Hills, FL
Came back to Dish today (I missed my Hopper)...while signing back up, the CSR actually talked me down from the Top 120+ to the Top 120. He tells me that several popular channels have moved down to the lower package (although he didn’t say which ones and I stupidly didn’t ask), the Dish website hadn’t been updated yet and the installer would have the newly updated channel list for me. Anyone here in the know heard of a recent package realignment? Not a big deal, I can always upgrade my package, just wondering. Anyway, very happy to be coming back.

Came back to Dish today (I missed my Hopper)...while signing back up, the CSR actually talked me down from the Top 120+ to the Top 120. He tells me that several popular channels have moved down to the lower package (although he didn’t say which ones and I stupidly didn’t ask), the Dish website hadn’t been updated yet and the installer would have the newly updated channel list for me. Anyone here in the know heard of a recent package realignment? Not a big deal, I can always upgrade my package, just wondering. Anyway, very happy to be coming back.

I agree with wanting to come back. I used android boxes, Roku and that sort. But, to me those will never compare to subscription TV.

No in the package realignment. Would like to see that line up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The main difference between Top 120+ and the regular Top 120 had been the regional sports networks in the Top 120+ package. Dish no longer carries most of the regional sports channels (including the ones in your region) so that would be one reason not to go with the more expensive Top 120+ with not that many more channels than the regular Top 120.

There have been extended free previews lately of many popular channels, so that may have been what the CSR was referring to as far as channels moving down to lower packages. There is a sticky thread at the top of the forum here that keeps track of all of the current free preview channels, so that would be one place to look to see what has been added.

It is worth noting that the Channel Updates page that used to be in the Dish Perks section of the mydish website has recently been removed completely. That page had gone a long time without getting updated, even when Dish was actually adding new channels and moving existing channels to new packages. The removal of that page could mean that Dish is finally going to get around to updating it, or it could mean that Dish now has no intention of ever providing Channel Updates on their website at all.

As far as the installer having the newly updated channel list, don't count on that. When my sister's Dish system was installed earlier this year, the installer said that Dish has stopped printing channel lineup cards for the installers to hand out. He still had a supply of the old (slightly outdated) channel lineup cards, so he offered her one. Unless things have changed since then, a channel lineup card from late last year (I am guessing) is probably the most recent one that your installer will have.

Aren't the college conference channels still considered RSNs, like SEC, BTN, ACC, etc. that would be in 120+ but not 120? Or are those considered national now?

Reactions: pattykay