Packet 8 phone won't dial out

kukblue1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Well I got charged $10 cause I can't get my packet 8 to dial out. It says my phone is connected but can't get it to dial out. Any suggestions.

Well I got charged $10 cause I can't get my packet 8 to dial out. It says my phone is connected but can't get it to dial out. Any suggestions.

Switch to Directv? Sorry I could not resist.

Just found this "packet 8 systems are not setup for data,
they wasn't even sure it would work if i change over to a bussiness acct and got a fax line."

I would call packet8 and see if this is still the case. I have packet8 but don't have the must have phone line connected problem or we hit you for $$$ with my DBS provider.

Try this [Packet8] BPG-510 Unlocked FW - dslreports.com

Packet 8 was no help neither was dish network. Thank goodness I have a good d-link N router with all the stuff i have hooked into it. I went with the broadband connection after a couple of hours. Call ID shows up on the screen I just think it can't connect to dish computer for some reason.

VOIP doesn't usually handle data really well. There has to be a certain codec installed to support it. I don't understand it all really well, but it has to do with the way VOIP encodes voice signals. Apparently it tries to apply the same encoding to data signals.

VOIP doesn't usually handle data really well. There has to be a certain codec installed to support it. I don't understand it all really well, but it has to do with the way VOIP encodes voice signals. Apparently it tries to apply the same encoding to data signals.

I have had three different VOIP providers and have never had a problem with the data/calling home ... most seem to handle the data just fine ;)

I have call vantage from AT&T. I turned on "fax and modem" support and it works great with DISH and the alarm.

But, could you switch to internet? I know the 722 does this and I would assume the 622 does.

Otherwise, switch the Call Vantage. Its the only one I could find with call filtering, which I could no longer do without. ( 95% reduction in tele-marketing )

As far as I know, Packet8 doesn't use g711 for the compression. I could never get modem calls to work on Packet8 but I had no issues on VoicePulse.

I remember people flashing some hacked firmware to the Packet8 boxes that would allow them to turn on the g711. Not sure if this is the case any more though.

I have had three different VOIP providers and have never had a problem with the data/calling home ... most seem to handle the data just fine ;)

I've had AT&T CallVantage for the past three years. Though it can't handle a 56k connection, it has worked quite well with both my former DirecTV receiver, and my current Dish Network receiver (even with fax and modem support switched off). It's also possible to access my Dish Network account on the interactive channel, which involves dialing out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)