Fortec painted dish

NewsTips

EM84tx
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 19, 2012
Taylors,SC
I did a couple of things I painted my 1 meter Ku and relocated it.

Is it possible or likely that painting the surface of the dish caused a problem? Signals aren't good
Some birds I find 6 or 7 transponders but no programs.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Very unlikely that painting a dish would make a difference with reception. The only way paint could affect the signal would be if it contained metal and it was very thick or uneven.

Its much more likely that either your dish is not aligned as well as before, or there is more interference at the new location.

Also you might want to check your RG6 cable and connections.

And one thing that I learned the hard way - a sharp bend in the cable can cause problems.

This dish was repainted black prior and it didnt affect things as far as I could tell. grabbing at straws.

I have a snow problem only a few days a year. Snow at my location always starts as a rain then sleet and finally a very pellet like snow. Never powder. I have tried stick on reptile heaters trash bags you name it none work. What about removing the paint and polishing the metal? Or would the reflection of the sun burn the LNB? Is that way its black?

I have a snow problem only a few days a year. Snow at my location always starts as a rain then sleet and finally a very pellet like snow. Never powder. I have tried stick on reptile heaters trash bags you name it none work. What about removing the paint and polishing the metal? Or would the reflection of the sun burn the LNB? Is that way its black?

Not a good idea to remove the paint and polish the metal. As you mentioned the sun shining at the right angle could damage your LNB. Have you tried anything like this?

,Amazon product ASIN B07KB1RXNNView: https://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Teflon-Snow-Ice-Repellant/dp/B07KB1RXNN

Attachments

• 20181231_161746.jpg
    20181231_161746.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA