Pairing Dish remote and Yamaha receiver.

bha19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
So I was able to pair my dish remote with my Yamaha receiver, but my question is how do I turn on and off my receiver with the dish remote or is this possible. All I can do is volume and mute. If remote will turn on/off my tv and Dish at the same time why not the receiver as well.

I have a Hopper, generation one I think and a Joey. The remote shows 54.0.
Go to Remote Settings/Auxiliary Device/Audio Receiver and click on Yamaha. You can scroll through the codes or enter your model number. Hit the AUX button on the left side of the remote, try the volume. If it works, hit the SAT button on the left and save. Then go back and scroll down to Volume and Mute Buttons and change that from Controls TV to Controls Auxiliary Device

Well I still can't get the receiver to turn on/off but I realize that as good as the remote is I still need my Harmony universal remote to do other things so I will still use that most of the time.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Well I still can't get the receiver to turn on/off but I realize that as good as the remote is I still need my Harmony universal remote to do other things so I will still use that most of the time.

Yes, I use my Harmony One in the living room with the Hopper 3 and my Pioneer receiver, and Oppo bluray player. Harmony is a great single remote solution. Much more versatile than the Dish remote for more complex setups.

Try a different Yamaha code number. I had that happen to me a long time ago and i changed the code and it then worked again.

Yeah, I don't fancy the Dish remote shutting off my TV nor AVR. I often just need to change to streaming content and prefer Dish to leave it beak OUT of my TV and AVR I know I can just leave the DVR on--not much power consumed--but I prefer to set it into standby because I don't need the H3 operating video/audio output and the H3 can (and HAS MANY TIMES) done it software and daily updates when I put it into standby during daylight hours instead of FORCING me to a daily update (Hey, something is wrong. Your H3 reboot in a moment--infamous message). I preferred the separate TV and Dish box buttons.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)