Palladia DD - Pro Logic

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sony KDL-52Z5100 pases Dolby 5.1 from vip622 to audio receiver

Do you know if the 722 sends the full audio coding up the HDMI to the TV?

I'd rather use one digital out from the TV no matter what the source is (722 or Blu-Ray/DVD). So, I was wondering if this will get passed through my Sony Bravia or if I need to wire the 722 and the Blu Ray separately to my receiver.

I was trying to test this last night by looking for a movie that had "(DD)" listed in the info, but I didn't find any. So, I assumed they stopped tagging movies in this fashion.

Thanks!

My Sony KDL-52Z5100 pases Dolby 5.1 from vip622 to audio receiver. I have my PS3, and DISH 622 hooked to the TV with HDMI cables. I connected the toslink optical cable from the TV to my older Onkyo audio receiver. The Onkyo receiver does not have HDMI inputs or outputs.

The TV passes the dolby digital 5.1 audio from the attached device to my Onkyo audio receiver. One advantage is I do not have to switch audio sources on my Onkyo receiver when I use different devices.

But you have to switch video sources on your TV. :D

Much easier to just have all the audio and video controlled by an AV Receiver in my opinion. Espceially since they are so cheap these days. A few hundred bucks gets you a lot now!

The specs state it

My Sony KDL-52Z5100 pases Dolby 5.1 from vip622 to audio receiver. I have my PS3, and DISH 622 hooked to the TV with HDMI cables. I connected the toslink optical cable from the TV to my older Onkyo audio receiver. The Onkyo receiver does not have HDMI inputs or outputs.

The TV passes the dolby digital 5.1 audio from the attached device to my Onkyo audio receiver. One advantage is I do not have to switch audio sources on my Onkyo receiver when I use different devices.

I checked the specs on this set & it is one of the few that does output 5.1. I have couple of questions for you. Will it pass 5.1 out the optical if you are using HDMI into the set? Can you use it as an input switcher to send the audio to the receiver?

Yes, TV is my input switcher

I checked the specs on this set & it is one of the few that does output 5.1. I have couple of questions for you. Will it pass 5.1 out the optical if you are using HDMI into the set? Can you use it as an input switcher to send the audio to the receiver?

I have all of my devices connected to my Sony KDL-52Z5100 TV by HDMI. I then use optical out from the TV to my old audio receiver. It passes the audio from any device straight through to my audio receiver.

I do this because my old receiver does not have HDMI inputs or outputs. It is a high quality receiver - just old. I am not willing to buy a new receiver yet. The only negative is that it will not handle the newest blu-ray audio codecs. The positive of doing this is that I can listen to audio through the TV. For some programs, like the news, I don't bother turning on my surround sound receiver.

The receiver or the TV?

I have all of my devices connected to my Sony KDL-52Z5100 TV by HDMI. I then use optical out from the TV to my old audio receiver. It passes the audio from any device straight through to my audio receiver.

I do this because my old receiver does not have HDMI inputs or outputs. It is a high quality receiver - just old. I am not willing to buy a new receiver yet. The only negative is that it will not handle the newest blu-ray audio codecs. The positive of doing this is that I can listen to audio through the TV. For some programs, like the news, I don't bother turning on my surround sound receiver.

So what doesn't accept the newest audio codecs the TV or the Onkyo? If it's the TV's decoder you may be able to get that online since it has internet connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)