Palladia HD

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
Does anyone know how Dish gets away with advertising Palladia HD under the AT120 package without actually providing it?

When you click on HD programming from their main webpage, it cleary shows that Palladia is part of the AT120 package. I also checked ACN's webpage and they also show Palladia as being included.

When I speak to web CS, they tell me that Palladia is part of AT120, but only if I pay 10$ for my HD package. If I chose the HD For Life, than I am not elligible for Palladia HD.

Recently, the web CS provided me a seperate web link that they call HD FOR LIFE programming and they show Palladia as being excluded.

What kind of flip flop is this?

HD for Life with exceptions??

So am I to assume that any other channel that becomes available in HD will not be provided in AT120 automatically? They will push everything into the seperate 10$ HD package with Epix and MGM?

Who told you HD For Life and Platinum HD were mutually exclusive?

For many, DISH enrolled them in Free HD for Life automatically because they subscribed to HD Platinum.

HD Platinum is typically populated with HD channels where DISH Network offers no SD counterpart and it is available with all HD enabled basic packages for the same $10 price.

If you were expecting that they would add HD versions of channels that aren't already in your SD lineup, you are a fool.

For many, DISH enrolled them in Free HD for Life automatically because they subscribed to HD Platinum.

HD Platinum is typically populated with HD channels where DISH Network offers no SD counterpart and it is available with all HD enabled basic packages for the same $10 price.

If you were expecting that they would add HD versions of channels that aren't already in your SD lineup, you are a fool.

The OP's point is that Palladia SD is available in the Top 120 package but you must subscribe to the Platinum package to get the HD channel. This is clearly not in the spirit of HD Free for Life.

Dish is known for this. They take channels you've had for years and move them into more expensive packs without the customer knowing, If they aren't dropping them completely.

I wouldn't be surprised if E* ends up having 1 Package only .
They keep moving everything up higher and higher.

They are advertising that Palladia HD is part of AT120. There is no mention that "If you have HD for Life, this does not apply to you". I think it sucks that nobody holds Dish accountable for their underhanded advertising. ACN shows the same thing.

I also think it sucks that some forum posters are so immature, that they need to call others fools for no reason at all.

They are advertising Palladia HD as part of AT120. I should get it. End of story. Either fix your ads, or give me the channel. Why does that make me a fool?

The OP's point is that Palladia SD is available in the Top 120 package but you must subscribe to the Platinum package to get the HD channel. This is clearly not in the spirit of HD Free for Life.

For the record, Palladia SD is also in RED on my guide.

It is advertised as part of AT120 but I do not get it...

panache70 said:
For the record, Palladia SD is also in RED on my guide.

It is advertised as part of AT120 but I do not get it...

Palladia SD is an AT200 channel. Palladia HD is part of platinum. If you don't have Hd for life you get palladia because you have the combined $10 for hd and platinum. If you have hd for life you have to have platinum to get Palladia

It is the SD version of Palladia and it was put there to replace a channel, that was removed because they asked for too much in carriage fees from Charlie.

You are not the first person to say that Palladia SD replaced FUSE in AT120.

However, I have AT120 and I am seeing both Palladia SD & HD in RED in my guide.

Anybody have AT120 (without Platinum) that can confirm if they are getting Palladia SD?

Still doesn't explain why they are showing Palladia on their website under "HD Programming" for AT120.

Last edited:
The key to happiness is to not pay much attention to the provider website. Most providers do a relatively lousy job of keeping their websites up-to-date and accurate.

When it comes down to it, you almost certainly can't hold them accountable for what the website says.

Finally, complaining about problems with the website here isn't going to get the problems fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts