This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Panasonic DMP-BDT700

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I'm hoping the we get this BDT700 in May or June. Looks like a nice replacement for the 500 which was a great looking and great performing player. If it does release here I will be getting it and probably put the 6200 Sony in the bedroom because I need one there.

http://www.hdfever.fr/2014/01/14/panasonic-dmp-bdt700/

Coolest thing to me is the Uniphier isnt dead, looks like they will just be putting it in the flagship players (others are now using mediatek). Uniphier is on of the best chips PQ IMO and Im glad to see it staying alive.

Nope. Not a thing. Starting to worry. Hopefully they're just holding off because of UHD since the player can take UHD all the way through without processing (downscaling/upscaling).

S~

Reactions: gadgtfreek
I was itching to try a 460, still may but the 6200 has been so good. I put a 1200 in the bedroom just to use as a streaming box since Ive been happy.

Only reason I did is I let the Oppo go.

I needed a streamer for the bedroom because I gave my older Roku to a friend to use, so I figured a 1200 blu-ray player was just as good. Cheaper too.

Tired of waiting, so I ordered a 460 from BBuy (Amazon has said 2-4 weeks for a bit). If it'll pass what little test patterns I have on spears and munsil, ill throw it into duty in place of the 6200 and see how it does. Still would like the 700 though...

I found it to handle the tests very well except for the Chroma Zone plate. It had issues with all modes except "Soft", which seemed to make it look mostly normal. Not sure if the panny is doing some kind of color sharpening or what would cause that. Ill be using this as my primary for awhile and setting the 6200 to the side so I can see how it performs with movies over a few weeks.

So far, it booted up quickly and downloaded FW version 1.30. I like the look better than the Sony, I like the blue light but you can turn it off, anyone asking about the ad banner, it can be turned off. I also still prefer panny menus over the sony XMB.

Movie--BDP93--BDT500--BDP103--S5100--S6200--BDT460

(in seconds)

Transformers--64--66--56--59--56--55
Iron Man--53--55--45--47--48--49
Star Trek--N/A--81--58--62--60--64

From disc tray going in until menu is loaded. Speeds for Panny are just fine, it was only really slower on Star Trek, but there are a lot of skips that require a button push to get to the main menu, and the Sony just seems to do it a little faster. Menu speeds are quick, so I do not see any speed on this player as an issue, as with the last 3 generations of players.