Panasonic TH-42PX600U

quizzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
I got the Panasonic TH-42PX600U last week. I have some questions here and will be greatful if some experts advise me on this:

What should be the settings for the initial burn-in period (100 hours):

Should the picture mode be left in VIVID default or changed to STANDARD mode?

Also I dont have HD feed from satellite. i have the normal SD feed.

What do i do for some channels which does not fit the screen (black bars in the top and bottom of the screen)?

Pls advise.

Thanks

I bought my girlfriend a Panasonic TH-42PX60U for Christmas. Local stations from Dish just look awful. Now local stations off an antenna look awesome.

First I wouldn't use Vivid mode at all. That mode can make people look clay like. You can find a review here that talks about the model I bought, very similar to yours. The settings there are for a calibrated set, I turned them down a bit for the break in period.

That being said I'd take that as a starting point. Not all tvs are the same. I'd find a local person to calibrate your set after the break in period.

Enjoy the tv !! I was very impressed with the tv when given a good signal.

Ken

I bought my girlfriend a Panasonic TH-42PX60U for Christmas. Local stations from Dish just look awful. Now local stations off an antenna look awesome.

First I wouldn't use Vivid mode at all. That mode can make people look clay like. You can find a review here that talks about the model I bought, very similar to yours. The settings there are for a calibrated set, I turned them down a bit for the break in period.

That being said I'd take that as a starting point. Not all tvs are the same. I'd find a local person to calibrate your set after the break in period.

Enjoy the tv !! I was very impressed with the tv when given a good signal.

Ken

Does that mean i need to change to STANDARD mode with FULL aspect ratio (JUST mode doesn not work for all programs like DVD movies) to prevent burn in?

This is what I have done set for the burn-in period (first 100 hours):

Picture Mode Standard
Picture 0
Brightness +8
Color -1
Tint -4
Sharpness -14
Color Temperature Warm
Enhanced Black Level Off

Also Iam changing the Aspect mode from the default JUST to FULL/ZOOM as needed so that the picture is there on the complete screen with no bars whatsoever.

Let me know if am doing right?

P.S:
I have the SD feed from DirecTV and no HD feed as of now.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts