Panasonic TH-42PX600U

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

quizzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
I got the Panasonic TH-42PX600U last week. I have some questions here and will be greatful if some experts advise me on this:

What should be the settings for the initial burn-in period (100 hours):

Should the picture mode be left in VIVID default or changed to STANDARD mode?

Also I dont have HD feed from satellite. i have the normal SD feed.

What do i do for some channels which does not fit the screen (black bars in the top and bottom of the screen)?

Pls advise.

Thanks

I bought my girlfriend a Panasonic TH-42PX60U for Christmas. Local stations from Dish just look awful. Now local stations off an antenna look awesome.

First I wouldn't use Vivid mode at all. That mode can make people look clay like. You can find a review here that talks about the model I bought, very similar to yours. The settings there are for a calibrated set, I turned them down a bit for the break in period.

That being said I'd take that as a starting point. Not all tvs are the same. I'd find a local person to calibrate your set after the break in period.

Enjoy the tv !! I was very impressed with the tv when given a good signal.

Ken

I bought my girlfriend a Panasonic TH-42PX60U for Christmas. Local stations from Dish just look awful. Now local stations off an antenna look awesome.

First I wouldn't use Vivid mode at all. That mode can make people look clay like. You can find a review here that talks about the model I bought, very similar to yours. The settings there are for a calibrated set, I turned them down a bit for the break in period.

That being said I'd take that as a starting point. Not all tvs are the same. I'd find a local person to calibrate your set after the break in period.

Enjoy the tv !! I was very impressed with the tv when given a good signal.

Ken

Does that mean i need to change to STANDARD mode with FULL aspect ratio (JUST mode doesn not work for all programs like DVD movies) to prevent burn in?

This is what I have done set for the burn-in period (first 100 hours):

Picture Mode Standard
Picture 0
Brightness +8
Color -1
Tint -4
Sharpness -14
Color Temperature Warm
Enhanced Black Level Off

Also Iam changing the Aspect mode from the default JUST to FULL/ZOOM as needed so that the picture is there on the complete screen with no bars whatsoever.

Let me know if am doing right?

P.S:
I have the SD feed from DirecTV and no HD feed as of now.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)