Pansat 2700/3500 comparison

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mbutts

Original poster
Nov 19, 2005
In a world all my own.
Hi, I'm still a newbe on FTA, I was a satellite dealer for years with c band and dbs. For those who have owned both the 2700a and 3500s, what are the advantages to the 3500 besides the card slot? A couple of my friends are getting into FTA, one has a 2700 and the other is getting a 3500. I have not made a decision yet, and have not seen both units yet. Does the 3500 have enough extra features to warrent buying it? or is it just a 2700 with card slot? Does it scan faster? More menu features? Can a person take a channel list from a 2700 and put it in a 3500 so we can share what we find up there? Also what can u do with the sd slot? just play music? Or can u upload and download channel lists to it? I dont want to have to be hooking up a null cable every time i want to try something new or look at someone elses channel list for something they found. We want to try to keep the same brand of equip so we can share some of our findings on equip settings for blind scan and dish movers, ect. So in other words, what makes the 3500 worth getting? tnx, martin

the review section does have both in there but I think the main differences are
-3500 has component output
-3500 when you scan a DBS slot, doesnt have the Pansat issue (where it logs 300+ dummy channels)
-3500 has real time clock :)

Thats what I wanted to know, I read your reviews but I wanted to get a side by side evaluation. I've played with a 2700 some and will get to see a 3500 hopefully this week. So thanks for the info.... glad to find you guys for legal fta...... too many of the other sites without info for actual fta. tnx again! martin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts