Pansat 2700 and Servo wires

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
Sorry for all these dumb questions , but when i get the rest of my parts in i want to have it working quick (hopefully).

My question is in the pansat 2700 receiver picture attached, which wires go where,from the servo to the pansat . I believe the servo cables are white black and red.
(so essentially i would like to know does red go in the hat symbol etc..
)

thanks

slimm

Attachments

• Receiver-2700A-Back.jpg
    Receiver-2700A-Back.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 294
That really is going to depend on how you have the wires hooked up to the polarotor. The nice thing is that even if you hook it up wrong you wont damage your equipment, so trial and error is an option ;-)

slimmswitch said:
Sorry for all these dumb questions , but when i get the rest of my parts in i want to have it working quick (hopefully).

My question is in the pansat 2700 receiver picture attached, which wires go where,from the servo to the pansat . I believe the servo cables are white black and red.
)

thanks

slimm

The electrical engineering custom is that red is +5V, black is Ground, and the white will be signal (hat symbol = pulse output). My old servo has orange (=+5V), brown(=ground), and white(pulse).

But of course it depends if the cable is wired to the servo in the same manner.

thanks. Would i then enter in the Pansat the skew that is given to me on sadoun. I'm trying to catch 55.5 rtp... And the quality is only coming in at 45%.with my old lnbf i was getting 80%ish. Hopefully adusting the skew will make it stronger.

mark_calgary said:
The electrical engineering custom is that red is +5V, black is Ground, and the white will be signal (hat symbol = pulse output). My old servo has orange (=+5V), brown(=ground), and white(pulse).

Use the skew function to fine tune your signal. The skew on Sadouns website is for setting up a stationary dish.

drhydro said:
Use the skew function to fine tune your signal. The skew on Sadouns website is for setting up a stationary dish.
Thomas,

If this why the 'clocking' of the C/Ku Feedhorn isn't super critical? The skew adjustment fine tunes the sensor position to get it optimized?

I figure you must need to get it remotely close to have H/V work right. Mine (CalAmp) has no markings as to which end is up. I'm hoping to nail a sat with the ASC421 and then swap the C/KU feedhorn on and figure out the polarotor and clocking of the whole feedhorn.

Shawn95GT said:
Thomas,

If this why the 'clocking' of the C/Ku Feedhorn isn't super critical? The skew adjustment fine tunes the sensor position to get it optimized?

I figure you must need to get it remotely close to have H/V work right.
Correct on both points Shawn. There is one "gotcha" tho, if you have it too far off you will be using the polarotor (to adjust skew) a lot more than if you have it real close. This will cause premature wear on the polarotor.

Shawn95GT said:
Thomas,
Mine (CalAmp) has no markings as to which end is up. I'm hoping to nail a sat with the ASC421 and then swap the C/KU feedhorn on and figure out the polarotor and clocking of the whole feedhorn.
When i changed out my c band only feedhorn for a corotor it was kind of tricky to figure out the "clocking" of the new feedhorn. When my dish is pointed at true south, the lnb's are approx 17 feet off of the ground, and my tallest step ladder is only 10'. Soooooooo i had no way of getting up there and setting the feedhorn correctly.

What i did was move the dish to g10 and set the feedhorn polarity to verticle. Then i had my wife watch the signal meter on my Pansat as i rotated the feedhorn. Once i got the highest signal quality i locked it down. Apparently this method worked, as i no longer have to adjust skew on any of the sats ;-)

Now heres a dumb question,, how will i know if i hooked the wires right (just in case)

mark_calgary said:

Rtp

. I'm trying to catch 55.5 rtp... And the quality is only coming in at 45%

you know you can use KU at AMC4 for RTP Internacional América

12169 H 3003 from lyngsat

i know the signal is better

john :)

Servo....

I was wondering,, i'm on T5(KU) right now,, and i noticed that i cant get any quality on Horizontal but vertical is fine. does that have something to do with the servo motor as well.?

So i hooked up my servo cables today... And now i can catch my signals anymore KU or Cband,,, ?? anyone have any ideas why?? If i disconnect the servo wires from the back,,, will it automatically switch the signal back to vertical?? Or is there a way i can manually switch to vertical??

Okay some my singals back (had to adjust skew)... but there not as strong as before i hooked the servo up. and i still am not getting horizontal sig??

slimmswitch said:
Okay some my singals back (had to adjust skew)... but there not as strong as before i hooked the servo up. and i still am not getting horizontal sig??
Double check the skew setting for your horizontal tps in the antenna setup screen. On my setup vertical tp's start out with a skew of -45 and hp tps start with a skew of +45.

slimmswitch said:

)

thanks

slimm

The pansat can only control the corotor for skew . It can not connect to the dish mover .
Wyr

Shawn95GT said:
Thomas,

I figure you must need to get it remotely close to have H/V work right. Mine (CalAmp) has no markings as to which end is up. I'm hoping to nail a sat with the ASC421 and then swap the C/KU feedhorn on and figure out the polarotor and clocking of the whole feedhorn.

On my Chapparel setup , I was told to set the polorotor at 10:30 position & the C band LNB at 04:30 position . So far , that has worked pretty well .

You may have to tweek the polarity adjustment in the sat set up menu for each sat ?

Wyr

WyrTwister said:
On my Chapparel setup , I was told to set the polorotor at 10:30 position & the C band LNB at 04:30 position . So far , that has worked pretty well .

You may have to tweek the polarity adjustment in the sat set up menu for each sat ?

Wyr
I cheated.

I dialed in V at -45 or whatever and went out and clocked the feedhorn until I saw the best signal quality. It seems to be dead on now.

Shawn

Status
Please reply by conversation.