pansat 2700 help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
i have had my pansat 2700 for two months and now it is messed up. i cant go to the menu screen. before that i would have to occasionally go back and change the setup on the sats i scanned because the box would do things on its own like make t6 c band setting say dishpro for lnb type and usals for positioner and so forth which would make me not get the signal until i went back and changed the settings back to where they should be. now i cant even get to the main menu, when i do the screen goes black and the box freezes. has anyone ever had this happen to them? is there any solution? thanks, joe

otherwise you can do a factory reset. Not the best especially if you have a bunch of channels logged in but you might have to do that to fix the issue :)

My Pansat 3500s does that sometimes. I think it may be caused by having too many Satellites programmed in (and turned on)? When it happens, it's usually after I go to a satellite that I keep OFF on the Satellite Position in USALS. I turn it on to go there because I've heard about something interesting that may have been found there, and it goes to it fine. But, if I forget to turn it back OFF and go somewhere else, sooner or later it doesn't go where I'm trying to get and when I check in the Menu's, Satellite SetUp, I find everything screwed up for this satellite I'm trying to get to, just like you mention, and I have to straighten it out. And then sooner or later it happens again, I find a dfferent satellite that it won't go to, and then discover in the Menu's, that it too is screwed up, I think because I still have too many satellites programmed in. At first I didn't know (and still don't, really) what was going on, but something made me think about it started when I added the Satellite that had been turned OFF. So I went to that satellite (which I rarely look at) and I turned it back OFF and haven't had any more problems. Don't really know if this is what was happening or this is what caused what was happening, but it seemed to quit when I took that added satellite back OFF. Maybe this is what your problem is? Good Luck!

Al

i have had my pansat 2700 for two months and now it is messed up. i cant go to the menu screen. before that i would have to occasionally go back and change the setup on the sats i scanned because the box would do things on its own like make t6 c band setting say dishpro for lnb type and usals for positioner and so forth which would make me not get the signal until i went back and changed the settings back to where they should be. now i cant even get to the main menu, when i do the screen goes black and the box freezes. has anyone ever had this happen to them? is there any solution? thanks, joe

Pansat 2500A goes flakey if I have too many sats and too many channels . I suspect it is running out of memory ?

Time to do some pruning . :)

Wyr

My old Fortec Lifetime Ultra does similar things, most times turning the switch off and back on from the back of the receiver fixes it. If I scan G25 @97' it does that every time,it will pick every sat in the list,store all kinds of LNB and switch settings. It is worth the time to back up your data with a channel editing program in case a factory reset is needed.

My Pansat 3500s does that sometimes.
Geez, that's the sort of info that needs to be tacked onto review threads for a given receiver!
Makes me glad I didn't buy a 3500sd (or maybe any Pansat).

I've heard of receivers going ape-$#|+ with too many transponders, but this is outrageous.
Of the three most popular receivers on this forum (Mercury II, Coolsat 5000, and Pansat 3500), I've now heard some dirt on all of them.

Is it time to keep a bug list and publish it to encourage fixes to popular receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.