Pansat 2800a coming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
I picked up a Pansat 2800a, from ebay, and have also downloaded factory files and patches from Pansatusa.com.
Any advice that I should know about? I have to expect it'll be loaded with hackware, but this'll be my first Pansat and I'm looking forward to playing with it.
:)

Pansats are fun to work with. I have worked with 5 different models
1500 (still have it)
2500 (1500 + ac3 + svideo + skew option)
3500 (2500 + faster blind scan + picture viewer)
5000 (dual tuner PVR)
6000 (newer model of 5000)
9200 (HD)

you cant go wrong with a Pansat :)

menus are different than a Coolsat and the meter is "truer"....you'll lock a feed at 15-20 quality. 30 is threshold for most feeds

I have taken in a 2700a I won on Ebay this last week for my first time with a pansat receiver. If you have as much fun with your find as I have had with mine you won't regret the purchase. I have enjoyed the departure from Coolsat and Traxis so much that I am now searching for a 3500.

After I nuked hackware with factory, the 2500A started requiring a password when entering the installation menu.

Don't see an option to stop entering passwords.

the password thingy doesnt bother me much....done it so many times on mine I'm kinda use to it :)

My 3500 works great with the factory firmware, while the 9200....not so good. I usually use an older version of non-factory in it, it is truely more stable.

Regards, Eric

I'm also looking to pick up a pansat, maybe a 2700 or 3500. What if it has hackware on it, should I load factory firmware or will it be ok?

I'm also looking to pick up a pansat, maybe a 2700 or 3500. What if it has hackware on it, should I load factory firmware or will it be ok?

I'd start with factory firmware, and if there are strange things, try a hackware file, to see if they've improved it any. I'd be surprised if the factory file doesn't work pretty well.

I have a 2500A and two 9200HD's with blind scan s2 boards from pansat. Great receivers.
I had trouble with the fortec star ultra lifetimes in the past with transponder memory overload.

My Pansat 2800 arrived in the mail, and It's a sweet little box. I loaded the latest factory file, and setup a couple birds and scanned them in. THEN I discovered that ChannelMaster supports it. Now that's a break, so I've been deleting satellites, re-ordering them, and setting parameters in ChannelMaster. What fun a new toy can be.

yes brent channelmaster can be great :)

I have a list with the sats on them if you want to use that...it isnt 100% updated but its close ;)

Attachments

• Pansat master.zip
    6 KB · Views: 147
After I nuked hackware with factory, the 2500A started requiring a password when entering the installation menu.

Don't see an option to stop entering passwords.

I just decided to try out a hacker file on the 2800A, and , not surprisingly , it works and eliminated the password nag, when going into installation menus. There is also a provision for a second password, but I'm not going to use ANY. See if everything continues to work, I'll keep this firmware in it. It's dated Feb 16, 2009.

hi Brent
had this box for a couple years. it is typical pansat menu wise. the blind scan is pretty good. the only issue is it can get stuck on a tp as it searches for stations after it has the tp's. sometimes change from fta to all will help. other times you wish for a skip button. my 9000 will do this too out of the blue and it has no blind.
only happens 3 or4 times a year. untill i wrote this lol.

I've already seen it get stuck for awhile, analyzing a tp. At least it DOES eventually continue on. I remember that when the Visionsat IV200 came out, it got stuck on 4:2:2 feeds and stayed stuck. Had to recycle power to get back to normal. The support was pretty good though, and new firmware kept being produced to iron out the problems.

I seem to recall that you can skip forward during scan with the right arrow on the remote. My memory could be faulty, so use caution. Might have been the 2700 that did that.

GL, Eric

I seem to recall that you can skip forward during scan with the right arrow on the remote. My memory could be faulty, so use caution. Might have been the 2700 that did that.

GL, Eric

For my 3500 I can skip a transponder by pressing the "Play" button at the bottom of the remote. If you hold down one of the arrow keys (I can't remember which one) the scan speeds up while the button is pressed.

I just decided to try out a hacker file on the 2800A, and , not surprisingly , it works and eliminated the password nag, when going into installation menus. There is also a provision for a second password, but I'm not going to use ANY. See if everything continues to work, I'll keep this firmware in it. It's dated Feb 16, 2009.

ANY?

Does it still ask for other passwords? Does it offer the option of eliminating them?

Specifically I'd like to get rid of the Channel List editor password nag too...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)