Pansat 3500 Channel Editor program

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pokey31

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Pickerington, OH
I downloaded the new .bin file for my pansat 3500 reciever the other day, and it also downloaded a neat channel editor program with it, that basically lists all know frequencies, etc...

Question: Can you edit this program and rename channels, etc....on your computer then snyc it up with your reciever, or is this program basically just for your own database to keep on your computer.

Missing channels?

My guess is you dont have the original factory software but i'm not a 3500 owner...

But ICEBERG does...

questic, it's not your call to accuse members of hacking in public, if you feel there's a problem post use the Alert icon.

Flash/bin/firmware files are perfectly legal to use if they don't contain keys and you have no way of knowing whether the user is using an illegal flash.

As for the question in hand, try a program called Channel Master, it should work with your Pansat.

I think he is talking about G-tools, where you can input/edit the Channel Names, PIDs, SRs etc, and reupload it back to the receiver.. I have used this before in the past, but not recently.

Heck cascade, im new to this, much less figure out how to hack. I downloaded a .bin file upgrade that was straight from pansatusa's site. i put the file on my sd card and put it in the sd reader. My question was: when i downloaded the upgrade off of their site, it also came with a channel editing program. I was wondering if this channel editing program would upload to your reciever, so you could edit the channel names with your keyboard instead of taking the time to do it with your remote, or if you could ONLY download your info off of your reciever into this program? No hacking info. wanted out of me, im still learning the basics.

I just downloaded the 3500S software, and yes, that program is G-tools, just rebranded for Pansat.

I have used this in the past, and can be very useful, what exactly is your question about it?

BTW: if you goto the "Help" menu, it says "About gTools" ;)

EDIT: I just re-read the post..

What you need to do is connect a serial cable from your pc to your reciever (most likely a straight thru female to female db9 cable), and use the GTRom program that came with the bin, to "Upload" (that should be download, but this is how it is labeled in the program) the Channel Data file.

You then open the Channel data file in gTools, and make the appropriate edits, then "Download" it to the reciever with GTRom

Porky31, this may be a dumb question, but why would you change the bin if the receiver already has one on it, i too just got my 3500 on the 16th and the first thing i did way to backup my bin on the sd card so i will always have the original one that came with it, and as for the Gtool you are limited in what tier ext you can open with it with channel master you have option of four different type channel master is much better, it does what gtools do and more...

whats wrong with loading the latest and greatest? I always make sure I have the newest...

what does "tier ext" mean?

I have used the gTools app in the past, and it does what it needs to do, and does it well.. what, specifically, does the chanel master tool do better?

ultatryon said:
what does "tier ext" mean?

I have used the gTools app in the past, and it does what it needs to do, and does it well.. what, specifically, does the chanel master tool do better?
channel master= cmproj
gtools =gtd
bin channel= bct bin
network database files = ndf
the gtools only can do gtd

tumpy said:
Porky31, this may be a dumb question, but why would you change the bin if the receiver already has one on it, i too just got my 3500 on the 16th and the first thing i did way to backup my bin on the sd card so i will always have the original one that came with it, and as for the Gtool you are limited in what tier ext you can open with it with channel master you have option of four different type channel master is much better, it does what gtools do and more...

I thought since pansat was offering an updated .bin file that it was the right thing to do. Kind of like when Tivo updated their software version to 6.1 a few months ago.....i thought it's usually good to have the latest updates from the manufacturer.

Pokey,

I currently use both Gtools and Channel Master with great success. Using a channel editor saves you from having to use the remote to manage channels. This can be very helpful especially for music channels. We could even share some lists (GTDs) if that is permissable here. Here are a few tips for anyone who plans to use either of these tools.

There is a known problem with Channel Master's ability to write to PANSAT STB's.When trying to upload a channel list to receiver all channel data transfers fine but satellite setup is not transfered, so you have to go in and manually set up all sats, switches, and lnbs with the remote.

The work around is to save your channel master project as a GTD file and then use Gtools to upload the GTD file to your reciever. DO NOT interrupt the upload process as it may cause your receiver to stop functioning.

PS. Sorry for the accusation earlier in thread. I have deleted my post and hopefully helped this time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)