pansat 3500 s with motor - receive no signal quality at all

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Correction --

AMC 15 at 105W (i am sure that it is AMC 15 as it has one channel that broadcast a screen saying it is AMC -2.

should be
AMC 15 at 105W (i am sure that it is AMC 15 as it has one channel that broadcast a screen saying it is AMC -15 (message similar to "you are pointing your dish to AMCxx at 105W").

97w is IA-5 (or, in the past, Telstar 5), not Telstar (or IA) 6. IA-5 at 97w has all of the Globecast and foreign channels. Are you talking about IA-5 at 97w, or IA-6 (previously Telstar 6) at 93w?

If you're aiming at 97w (IA-5), you should be getting considerably more than 10 channels. Perhaps you're hitting AMC-4 at 101w? What channels are coming up during a scan?

Sorry for the confusion,

i am aiming at IA5 at 97 W.

But i really can only get a few of the many channels, e.g. some russian and turkish channels.

There seems to be a problem, that the TP Scan doesn't find channels on all TPs that it goes through. [seems that not all TPs have a signal quality]

I had a similar problems for 105 W, where i had to choose a specific TP [i believe #4 and 5 gave a signal quality].

Is this maybe a fine adjustment problem?

I want to try to adjust the dish again on the weekend a bit better.
I realized that when i "tweeked" the satellite configuration a bit by
going to one satellite and just changing the "your location" parameter from 77 to 76.3 105 W gave me 20% and all others down to 75 W gave me reasonable quality, while letting the location in at 77 W didn't give any quality on 105.

What is strange for me is also that i can receive 97 W and 105, but not 99W (even if i use the Diseq 1.2 to go left/right). Any idea for this?

And back to the question: i have located one satellite and receive a signal quality of 20%, but do not receive all channels from the satellite.
What should i try/do in order to receive all of them?

Hans-Joerg

One thing about 97w is that the quality varies greatly from transponder to transponder. Some will nearly peg your meter while others will barely give you a watchable signal.

I suspect that you might have a motor alignment issue, or possibly an off-level mounting pole. Check the pole with an angle finder, and also check to see that your motor is aligned properly. You can change the azimuth of the entire motor assembly by rotating it on the pole VERY slowly until you peak quality on a low-power transponder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)