pansat 3500SD from GoSat NOT retaining time/date

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Clock Woes

Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
I bought a Pansat 3500SD from http://gosatellite.net/ a few weeks ago. At no point has it ever retained the correct time for more than a day. Sometimes I lose minutes on the hour. Yes, I've set it to Pacific time. Last night around 11 I set the time and date yet again and this afternoon at 1:57pm found the date/time was

14:56 in the zero-th month, 20th day, in the year 2058

I have already flashed to the latest pansat flash and yet the problem persists. As recommended elsewhere I never turn off the pansat. I'd call this a product defect. The GoSat people insisted I post here rather than address the question themselves. They thought you'd like to know my zipcode is 92646. I had the nice DishNetwork people 'professionally' install the dish for me an the Dish500 receives 110 and 119 which in the menu correspons to Echostar 7 and Echostart 6,8 (or visa versa). I don't use a diseqc switch. One cable comes down from the dish, though it itself has two lnb.

I really don't see how that has any bearing on the time slipping away into a crack, but I would appreciate your opinionss on this and a recommendation of an alternate Pansat 3500SD supplier. I plan to buy a second one anyway and if it does not have the clock problem it'll be fairly clear that the one from GoSat has to go back

thanks for your patient help

:D

Well lets see here…….you had to register with us and when you registered it clearly states “WE ARE NOT A HACK SITE” yet you ignored that.
Then you came to the FTA area where is says “NO HACK TALK” and you ignored it

Then there is a real nice sticky that says “HACK POSTS WILL GET YOU BANNED”

so should I ban you???

Ding ding ding we have a winner………thread closed, user banned

and dont blame the manufacturer or the person you bought it from.

The units work fine without ILLEGAL software....the clock on my LEGAL 3500 works just fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts