Pansat 3500SD no signal lock ku

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

barret

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Please help. I have a Pansat 3500SD that I am unable to get the ku signal quality to lock. KU quality on various satellites anywhere from 40 to 99% but signal quality meter will blink on and off constantly. I have sucessfully tuned the c band side and have various stations programmed including the MPEG test signal. I am in upstate NY, have an 9' mesh dish, .6 dB lnb and the Uniden Supra receiver. I am having no trouble receiving good clear stations on the analog ku side on various satellites across the arc from amc 6 to galaxy 10R. I have tried repeaking the dish while the digital side ku quality meter is flashing and can get signal quality as high as 80% but still no lock. The dish uses a button hook style mount and I am wondering if the focal point could be off or could the mesh dish be a problem with the digital side. I contacted FTA direct with my problem and they referred me to this site as the best possible place to get help. I am a junior member and hope I am posting in the right area. Again please help.

:confused: barret

Last edited:
Remember Digital KU signals are harder to find (Tweak) than C-Band digital or even analog.
I would double check the dish alignment as it may work perfectly for C-Band but will need some fine tuning for KU band!

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it another try.

barret

Tron, just read your reply. Thanks. Just got home and too dark to go up to roof to check exact size tonight, although I know the hole diameters are too small for a pencil to go through.
Thanks barret

If they're too small for a pencil, the dish will be fine for Ku.

Possibly you'll have to fine-tune for Ku. I hear that is often necessary with a BUD (Big Useful Dish).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts