Pansat 9000 details ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
I'm watching a box on ebay, a Pansat 9000. Refresh my memory, I know some of you have them.
1) no blindscan
2) Out of box DVB-S2 support

Correct ?
Do you like them ?
Kinda the same functionality as the CS8000, I'm thinking.
:)

I have ran a Pan-9000 for almost 2-years now an 1 great receiver. they have their ups an downs but as far as the tuner in 1 of the best I have ever used, if I can not lock a signal will use the Pan-9000 an it has never failed, except if you are tuning a S-2 with a SR over 30,000, then it will not lock it. I have locked S2 signals with a SR little over 2000, an qpsk signals of 1300.

now on some S-2 signal it may take a second or 2 for the picture to pop in but it will just a little slow on some of the S-2 stuff, now my Diamond is about the fastest to display a picture.

I have even used a Cool-8000 an like the Pan so much better for it tuning, now my Cool used to reboot a lot on certain feeds an became a pain, but you could leave it on a qpsk signal an never have a reboot, like on some of the NBC S2 feeds.

If you ever use it on a motor in the 1.2 mode only 22 satellite locations can be stored, this has been a grip of mine since day 1, because it use to run a 10-footer on a Ajax mount an I was limited to the satellites I could call up in the Pan-9000 memory, it was just replace on that dish with a AZBox.

In my book far better than a Coolsat.
an yes NO Blind scan.
will tune DVBS-2 right out of the box.
If price is right, you wont be sorry.
hope this helps.

Makes me wonder why they didn't retain this feature in the 9200 instead of the optional S-2 board deal? :confused: Because otherwise they're twins.

Simple reason why is the cost factor, look at the price when a 9000 came out then look back at the price when the 9200 came out, 9200 had a list of $100 less than the 9000. if a company can save $5.oo on each receiver that is produce that ends up in a larger profit margin.

an as far as "twins" that is only the outer case, have you look at the main board side by side next to each other I have, the lay out was close but not the same at all. as well as running them side by side on the same satellite signal, I was very disappointed when I 1st got my 9200 after running the 9000 for a wile tuner was deaf in the 9200, think that is why they added the 2nd tuner for S2.

just said to the wife last week, I was thinking about selling the 9000 here, but if I did may want to kick my self in the tail down the road. she told me to keep it what is 1 more with as many as you have. she see's them come an go, the only 2 models that I have hung on to the longest is the Pan-9000 an the SV-8000, the rest that I have gotten have found other homes.

...as well as running them side by side on the same satellite signal, I was very disappointed when I 1st got my 9200 after running the 9000 for a wile tuner was deaf in the 9200, think that is why they added the 2nd tuner for S2.
This isn't the first time I've heard of a "deaf tiner" in a 9200. I guess I got a real good one 'cause that thing'll hear a flea fart in Kansas!:eek: Stable, watchable signal from say 20% all the way up to 99% depending what I'm trying to get.

This isn't the first time I've heard of a "deaf tiner" in a 9200. I guess I got a real good one 'cause that thing'll hear a flea fart in Kansas!:eek: Stable, watchable signal from say 20% all the way up to 99% depending what I'm trying to get.

When you get chance, give me the "flea fart in Kansas" tp data , and I'll try to pull it in with my Coolsat. Should be good educational experience. LOL !
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)