Pansat 9200 PVR function??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nathan7

Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Hello,

New member here. I wanted to share some communications I have had with Pansat.

My 1st message to Pansat:

Hi,

I am about to purchase a 9200HD and I would like to know how much
longer will it be for the PVR function to be enabled with an eSATA
drive? An estimate would be great. Thank you.

Pansat's 1st reply:

Hi,
We can not promise any estimated time. It depend on chip makers
support software available time. We still pushing them to make asap.

regards,
Tech

My 2nd message to Pansat:

Thank you for the response. I see it is a Conexant chipset? Can you
tell me the model number of the chipset i.e. CX2417x? Perhaps if
users of the 9200HD email Conexant they will be encouraged to deliver
the PVR software. Thank you.

Pansat's 2nd reply (today):

Hi,
It is "Trinity HD chip ". They sent to our engineer software file with Library format. Our engineer need source format to be allowable to make PVR function. It will help a lot for our engineer to finish quickly.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
tech

Maybe if 9200HD users emailed Conexant Re: Trinity HD chipset and politely encouraged them to work with Pansat to complete the PVR function we could expedite the process. Thanks.

Well, since they have it working on the 250sm model, I wouldn't think it's some huge feat to finish up the 9200.

That 2nd reply from them really doesn't make any sense on what their delay is other than maybe they had a falling out with the manufacturer.

the receiver does NOT do DVB-S2 out of the box. You need the 8PSK adapter (most of the auctions on fleabay have this added...of course it also adds 200+ bucks to it) and add it to the receiver.

Pansat is coming out with an adapter

I think Pansat has a download for the 9000HD, which does 8PSK out of the box. So, this download will enable the S2 to work. But, as Iceberg says, the 9200HD will have to have an Adapter....

I'm just gonna reiterate what I posted in the 9200 review thread...

The price on that board on ebay is too high for me. For that price, I'll pony up just a bit more for the illuminati board ($229-$249 shipped on ebay recently) and at least be able to catch some FTE's also.

looking at this calmly

If you look at the prices of other items that seller offers, ya might conclude what I did:
They have an inflated opinion of their own worth.
(That's Plasma-High-Definition-Receivers-Co, on eBay.)

So, if 'n when anyone else starts selling the boards, they'll be a lot cheaper.
Competition would do that, naturally.

And, there is no point in pre-ordering and pre-pledging that much money.
Wait 'till the product is landed, and they sell a few.
They too, will soon offer 'em for a cheaper price.

You think they're going to sell out 100 units at $200 each?
Not soon, and not unless they have some hacker value!

I would much prefer to see some proof that the 9000 actually has been made to work.
Most companies leave their old products in the dust, and if Pansat does not, that will say a lot for them.

Agreed, Anole. The seller is just trying to hype a new product, hoping that people jump on the high price bandwagon so they can be the first on their block to have one. I'm sure that $200 price will be cut down very quickly.

I remember when the Invacom Quads first came out at, what, over $100? :)

Now Pansat, where's that E-SATA functionality update? :D

I am pretty certain the 9000 does do DVB-S2 and did it almost from the beginning. An email I got from them a while back basically stated that, but I could be wrong. It lacks blindscan and as such, I lumped it with the coolsat 8000.

As for the price, I do agree with you price will come down, but I guess what I was getting at is who is gonna try it out at that price and let us know? I was just saying at that price, I'd rather get the illuminati for the same functions and FTE's and of course re-sale down the road potentially.

The artificial scarcity of the product is confusing me. Seems to me making only 100 of them is odd, but we don't have official word from pansat on that. Granted I doubt they'll make tens of thousands and the small run might contribute to the higher price a bit.

I am pretty certain the 9000 does do DVB-S2 and did it almost from the beginning. An email I got from them a while back basically stated that, but I could be wrong. It lacks blindscan and as such, I lumped it with the coolsat 8000.

As for the price, I do agree with you price will come down, but I guess what I was getting at is who is gonna try it out at that price and let us know? I was just saying at that price, I'd rather get the illuminati for the same functions and FTE's and of course re-sale down the road potentially.

The artificial scarcity of the product is confusing me. Seems to me making only 100 of them is odd, but we don't have official word from pansat on that. Granted I doubt they'll make tens of thousands and the small run might contribute to the higher price a bit.

As much as we HATE to admit it, this whole industry is BUILT on fraud! Think about it! :)

Planned obsolesence is what the FTA hacker industry is all about. Gotta sell new boxes to make more money. Since we use their equipment, we are subject to their warped-ass way of doing business. :(

Reminds me of an old Jerry Reed song line...

"He who's expecting nothing...ain't gonna be deceived!" :yes

An email I received 3-4 weeks ago from Pansat Tech said they expect the PVR for the 9200 to be released around June. Not sure if they mentioned the year.

I look forward to the PVR more than using it for S2 for the time being.

While they're at it, I wish they could make this thing less sensitive to other remote control codes. My Samsung TV remote has a habit of interfering, so does my DVD recorder. I have to be careful if I set up something to record with the OTA tuner on the 9200 that no one touches any other remotes until the recording event is over.

Corrado
There was an software upgrade on the Pansat site..I think that might have curbed that issue

I look forward to the PVR more than using it for S2 for the time being.

While they're at it, I wish they could make this thing less sensitive to other remote control codes. My Samsung TV remote has a habit of interfering, so does my DVD recorder. I have to be careful if I set up something to record with the OTA tuner on the 9200 that no one touches any other remotes until the recording event is over.

I've noticed my 9200 doing quirky things lately. Turning off when I didn't turn it off. Today it once changed channels on me. It did this while using my TV remote also (Pioneer TV) I didn't realize that was causing it but, reading your post it may be.

Corrado
There was an software upgrade on the Pansat site..I think that might have curbed that issue

Ice, is that all that update is for? I haven't checked their site lately since the receiver has been running ok.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)