Pansat 9200 PVR Software Now Available

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I made the mods to the board myself. Summary; If you don't have the proper tools (solder Iron small tip and solder braid) don't try this. I work with these small parts for a living so even with experience it's tricky. To make matters worse they are using the new RoHs no-lead solder. This increases the temperature needed for reflow and increases the risk of PCB pad de-lamination.
With that complete, plugged in my 1TB drive and everything seems to work OK. I did a few quick recordings and all seems OK. I will schedule a movie and see if all the hardware stands the test.
Note the PVR menu is not accessible until the drive is connected. Also the “format” button is exactly what is says “Format the HD”.

I have made some recordings the picture quality is exactly the same as the original Sat. feed. I noticed some audio stutter on the fast forward>X4. The Pansat manual is extremely light in content, so I emailed Pansat and got the scoop on scheduling recording:
So far it is ready for only event timer function wake up and sleep time set up and PVR "ON". EPG program recording function will be done soon.”
In addition the program name is not recorded, instead the channel, time, and duration. The next step is to check out the file format recorded on the eSATA hard drive.

I have made some recordings the picture quality is exactly the same as the original Sat. feed. I noticed some audio stutter on the fast forward>X4. The Pansat manual is extremely light in content, so I emailed Pansat and got the scoop on scheduling recording:
So far it is ready for only event timer function wake up and sleep time set up and PVR "ON". EPG program recording function will be done soon.”
In addition the program name is not recorded, instead the channel, time, and duration. The next step is to check out the file format recorded on the eSATA hard drive.
Have you recorded any
HD high bitrate feeds.If so will they playback.Not PBSHD on AMC3 it is low bandwith..I
will be suprised if it can playback any record HD feeds above 25mbps.

I just downloaded "1214", the newest and I've been playing with it since about 5:30 eastern. I have no idea what I'm doing. At first it wouldn't recognize the eSata Seagate HDD. Then after a little reading, I found I needed to power off the 9200 and the HDD, then hook the eSata cord to the 9200, then power on the HDD, then power onthe 9200. Now I have recognition of the HDD. I have tried the Record button and it works, for both OTA and Satellite. I have so far only recorded (then deleted) a few minutes (from 3 to 17 minutes) at a time. At 5:50 eastern, I set the Wake-Up timer (#1) to start at 18:00 (should be 6pm) and the Sleep timer to 19:59 (should be 7:59pm), and the #2 timer to 20:00 (8pm) on Wake-Up timer and 22:00 (10pm) on the Sleep timer, with the Recording set to On. The first timer didn't come on at 6pm...? I'm probably not doing it right, maybe the timers should have been set to 6-7:59pm and 8-10pm respectively, but there is no PM option or a date option anywhere. Or maybe the receiver should have been off before it would come on and start recording...?? Does anybody know?
And wizard101, what is this PVR On, you mention? I see no such button..??

Another thing, I have yet to find any 1.1 diseqc protocals, as of yet? Anyone know where they are? There is a Legacy SW section, but it was already there before my upgrade, and I'm sure this is not for 1.1 protocals, but what do I know? There are several settings in this Legacy SW section, maybe some could be used like 1.1, but none of it clicks for the 1.1 that I have have used with my Coolsats...???

Also wildboys, I put it on ABC HD on G16 at 7pm (too late for News), and I recorded a few minutes of the loop "Right - Left - Center - ....... - Right Surround - Left Surround ", or whatever it is they're saying? And it played back, so I don't think there will be any problem recording the High Bitrates...?

In the Antenna Setup menu, highlight DiSEqC, then press OK. You can then change it from 1.0 to 1.1 and select DiSEqC Number #1-8.

If you use the “format” (red button) under the HDD menu, it will possibly erase native eSATA firmare on your external HD and then it will not be recognized by your PC. I would suggest backing up any native files which come on your external HD before plugging into the receiver.
I recorded a HD feed movie in 8PSK and it played back perfect. File size a bit over 9GB as expected.
I admit the function timer is a bit “dodgy”. First the timer is 24hr clock so no PM. The last field in this menu is the PVR field and must be set “ON” to record.
Recorded format; The recorded files do not appear with connected back to a PC. Also formatting the HD on the PC does not remove the recorded files as they are still there when the HD is connected back to the receiver. I suspect the files may be in unix format and not recognized , I am checking this.
Lynskyn there is a choice of 1-16 on the DiSEqC 1.1 setting with the 9200, don’t know if you knew.

wizard101, I'm not using a PC. I have my eSata HDD plugged directly into the 9200. I can't get it to Record from the Wake-Up and Sleep timer options. If I cut the 9200 Off, at the selected time it will come on and go into REC on the front of the 9200, but it doesn't Record. And when I look to see what's going on, it's not on the correct channel, it's showing a different channel on a different satellite.... with no signal (because the dish is controlled by a 4dtv), maybe no signal causes it to automatically stop the recording...? I've tried this with the "SAT" button on "ALL" and also with the "SAT" button on the particular Satellite (in this case G11 C-Band).
When I try to use the Wake-Up and Sleep timer while the 9200 is On, it doesn't start recording at the selected time (I can press the "RED" button and it will start, or I can press the "OK" button and it will start. And once it's started, it will cut Off when the selected Sleep time comes around. And by cut Off, I mean, the 9200 shuts Off.
I hope the next Update comes Sooner than Later.........

Clarification to my last post;
I was only using the PC on the external HD to check the recorded data. Then I would reconnect the drive to the receiver. Bad news, I believe that the 9200 is using the Trinity HD chipset from Conexant. This would be the CX2417x family of devices. This family is also used in STB’s for OEM STB’s. This being the case Conexant have used 3DES/AES ciphering engines for encryption of data to the HDD. This is similar to the encryption used in online banking. I suppose the goal is to keep individuals from broadcasting/sharing their recorded programs.
Voomvoom, I have read your posts and am going to try and repeat what you have done. I am controlling my dish with the 9200, perhaps it will make a difference.
My ultimate work around is to have the receiver controlled though Microsoft Media center, but I am still working on this.

I can't get it to Record from the Wake-Up and Sleep timer options. If I cut the 9200 Off, at the selected time it will come on and go into REC on the front of the 9200, but it doesn't Record. And when I look to see what's going on, it's not on the correct channel, it's showing a different channel on a different satellite.... with no signal (because the dish is controlled by a 4dtv), maybe no signal causes it to automatically stop the recording...? I've tried this with the "SAT" button on "ALL" and also with the "SAT" button on the particular Satellite (in this case G11 C-Band).
I hope the next Update comes Sooner than Later.........
I loaded v 1215 yesterday, the difference I see is that it will now Record when the Timer is set and the 9200 is cut-off. But, it's still not Recording the selected/chosen channel, it's recording a different channel. And it was doing a different channel on a different satellite, now it's staying on the same satellite, only it's recording a different channel than the one it's supposed to record?
That is a step closer, I suppose? One day I hope it will do like it's meant to do....?

Here is some more information from Pansat engineers concerning 92000 pvr.

1.Yes we found the problem of different ch shown. Will improve soon.
2."No Signal " or "Scrambled or bad channel" record does not shut off the function. But recommend to format HDD before event timer program start.
3.Yes the unit should stand by mode after timer program done.
4.Due to there are a lot of in accurate time channels, recommend to make "USER MODE" instead of "TDT Auto" time adjust before timer program start.
We will keep going improvements as much and soon as possible.

In the Antenna Setup menu, highlight DiSEqC, then press OK. You can then change it from 1.0 to 1.1 and select DiSEqC Number #1-8.
Will this feature work with the software upgrade even without doing the PVR thing? (...4LNBs aren't enough anymore! ):eek:

I haven't tried it yet, but it is there... So, it should work...! This feature has nothing to do with the PVR functions.
My 9200 is actually going to my sisters house. I'm tinkering with it for now in a Slaved capacity. When I take it home (her house), I plan to use a Dual C-Band feedhorn with California Amplifier 25k/30k lnb's and a Zinwell 4x4 multi-switch going to a Digiwave 8x1 Uncommitted Diseqc switch tying it to a Moteck V-Box II positioner, then heading it to the 9200. The other ports of the Digiwave 8x1 will be filled by other Zinwell 4x4 muti-switches coming from lnbf's on a T-90 and a Primestar, to fill out all positions needed. The C-Band satellites will be set up in Diseqc 1.2 protocals, and the ku stuff will be on the Diseqc 1.1 protocals.
I work slow, so it might be a while before it all comes together. And also, I don't want to release the 9200 to my sister with the PVR not working right. I would like to make it as easy as possible for her to understand to use....?

I made the mods to the board myself. Summary; If you don't have the proper tools (solder Iron small tip and solder braid) don't try this. I work with these small parts for a living so even with experience it's tricky. To make matters worse they are using the new RoHs no-lead solder. This increases the temperature needed for reflow and increases the risk of PCB pad de-lamination.
With that complete, plugged in my 1TB drive and everything seems to work OK. I did a few quick recordings and all seems OK. I will schedule a movie and see if all the hardware stands the test.
Note the PVR menu is not accessible until the drive is connected. Also the “format” button is exactly what is says “Format the HD”.

Which 1TB External drive are you using? Did you buy an internal 1TB and place it in a case yourself or did you buy a pre-made 1TB package?

I am not familiar with DR-DOS2 FS- can I connect the HDD formatted with this to a Windows XP to migrate a recorded file off the HDD to a PC?

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)