Pansat 9200HD info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Steveinmd

Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
I have a job coming up that will require some Pansat HD receivers. These will be my first HD boxes. I have heard that there are cable length limitations and other "quirks" I need to know to operate it correctle. Is there a site that has a primer on FTA HD or can anyone give me some "heads up"

Thanks

The 9200 will be used to downlink an ad hoc broadcast. The video will go to some LCD screens and the audio to a sound system.

How much cable will you run? There's some members here with really long cable runs that don't seem to have problems with fta receivers.

Normal FTA boxes have no problem with long cable runs, it's just video but HD has some problems but I need to learn what they are.

On the coax downlink it’s the same as any other receiver. The ohmic drop across the cable reducing the voltage to the LNB and the RF losses of the IF. You can easily calculate the DC loss. The RF loss will be express in dB/unit length. From this and the receiver sensitivity you can calculate the signal strength at the receiver and this will identify potential problems.
On the HDMI side. If you are driving multiple LCD,s you will need a HDMI splitter. This will also contain a buffer/driver for the HDMI outputs. You can find the spec’s on cable lengths here http://www.hdmi.org/
I have run 25” of inexpensive HDMI cable with no trouble.

Monoprice carries powered HDMI splitters, if you need them.
I have compared their cable prices and find them to be the lowest.
Same for TV wall-mounting brackets.

Biggest problem with their site, is that they have so much stuff, it's easy to get lost and overlook some of the interesting things. :rolleyes:
... or in my case, to get distracted and forget why I was there!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts