Pansat 9200HD PVR Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wizard101

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
I have read this forum a great deal in the past months, It’s time to contribute.
I e-mailed Pansat on the release of the PVR function on the 9200HD. Here is there response.
“Hi,
Yes we plan to make external PVR support program through eSATA port.
Have to wait until main chip maker "Conexant" to provide the software.
Hope to finish within 2-3 months.”

So it looks like spring 08 at the soonest.
I took a look at the Conexant web site. It was not evident at first glance what device Pansat has used. I would be disappointing if they did not support MPEG-4 recording. We'll see!

Since I ordered a 9200, that makes it even better. Of course, now I need to get an eSata drive. Then again, unless it does tivo style buffering, there isn't much that I would actually record.

I have a Series1 TiVo that I'm not using any more because I got a PVR with my cable subscription. I've keep planning to connect it to my FTA system and get it to record day and night. Then I'd purposely leave it on a channel that I wouldn't regularly watch to find out if there's something good on there.

For example, some of the foreign channels seem like they'd have little appeal but at certain times they have native language with English subtitles. If that is happening while I'm at work during the day then I'd never find out about it. Sport spoken in foreign languages but visually interesting would be another example.

Ultimately in theory, one could figure out a schedule of times and channels to record on a regular basis instead of falling back on G10R for English programming all the time.

I have just sent an email to Pansat and a tech responded:

Dear customer,
The 9200HD already has an external connection for a PVR. You can buy
one on line from any company that sells it.

Best regards,
tech

Dear customer,
The 9200HD already has an external connection for a PVR. You can buy
one on line from any company that sells it.

I think he misunderstood the question. Maybe he is talking about taking the component output from the 9200HD and running it into a standalone DVD recorder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)