Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I need serious help. So I got my pansat back from pansat, with the chip resodered. I plug in my Esata Hard Drive and turn on the hard drive then the reciver. Boots up to ONN, and I have pic. I hit the HDD button and Nothing. When I hit the record button I get HDD not ready (check HDD and Cable) Everything is hooked up correctly and Im at the latest software.

NO matter what I do I cant get it to format to DR Dos 2. Is there any way that I can manually format it to DR DOS2 using vista or a boot cd containing the OS. I have tryed deleting the partition, re doing it, doing it in fat, and NTFS. Not partitioning the hd, nothing has worked. IM using a 750 gig seagate pro external hd. When I hook up to my pc via usb, it works fine

Can you try a smaller drive?
Do you know that the system can handle a 750gb drive?
Lots of 'em haven't been checked out on drives bigger than 500gb, is the reason I ask.

Its not the drive, its actually the enclosure from seagate.. I just ordered a new one from a diffrent vender and im giving that one a shot. Should be here in a couple of days. :) Im really begining to hate segates external drives. Many users have reported problems and segate refuses to reconize that there is a problem.

I'm using a Seagate Free Agent Pro 1TB with my Pansat 9200. It works as far as recording, that is if you are recording something live. The Timer function does not work correctly, it will record, but it doesn't record the correct channel..???
Also, I had to replace the Seagate with a new one recently (about 3 weeks ago), the one I had quit working and I tried everything I could think of to get it to work. It was doing the same as yours and telling me "HDD not ready (check HDD and Cable)"... I tried to format it to 2 of my computers and neither would recognize any existence..?? It would Light Up (as in getting power), but it wasn't being recognized..?? I took it back (Best Buy) and they checked it and said something inside seemed to be confused, they wanted to know if I had maybe dropped it? I had not.... anyway it got replaced and the new one is working. I hope it wasn't the Pansat vs Seagate communications/languages that caused the problem in the first one, if so, I hope it doesn't happen again..!!!!

The problem with the FAP is that the ESATA port on it doesnt work as designed. It is well documented.

The Noegruts Blog: Seagate FreeAgent Pro eSATA problems

This guy has another blog post somewhere that the ultimate fix was to take the drive out and put it in another case wich improved the drive dramatically. Im not having a problem with getting my drive to work in windows vista. Its only on the Esata port that im having an issue. :(

Update: Installed the new external hard drive box, (I actually got the ICY box that was recommended in the artical) and all problems have been solved. It offically has been deemed the case and not the hard drive, wich is great news to record HD on. :) one thing that I did notice is that the pansat does not record OTA. Only Satellite. wich is ok with me because if i really want it on the OTA tuner I will just record it onto my D* system. :)

Just to make 100% sure... Pansat recommends either Seagate or Western Digital for the 9200. I tried both and neither worked. I bought a Vantec enclosures and mounted a small 100GB drive had laying round and that didn't work. All of above worked perfectly on my Mac Pro. If I read this thread correctly, the ICY case is known to work with the 9200, is that correct? Which model case? This is getting expensive and I want to make sure I get it right the next time around.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts