pansat screwed up again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
i guess i will have to get a second fta receiver. i have my box screwing up again and will have to reset it again after getting so manx channels programmed, i guess i will go through and delete almost all the tps,i will just leave a few tps on the sats for signal quality readings before i scan the sats. i had hardly used my ku band dish too so i will use c band on one box and ku on another. i dont know how they state you can get 5000 channels stored on a pansat 2700, i only had 1200 on there and it keeps screwing up, i will blind scan a sat and the box will automatically change the settings. makes me mad. any of you ever have these problems.

joe

can I ask a suggestion and break up the post a little bit with spaces? It makes it hard to read right now :)

But to answer the question, its called transponder overload. Has nothing to do with the amount of channels. Go through and delete transponders in the menu. The channels will stay but that should clear it up :)

alright,so after i have the channels scanned go back and delete the tps? sorry about the non spacing most of the time i am on the net off the cell phone and it takes forever to space alot as aposed to the cpu. thanks!

oh didnt know you were on a phone doing this :)

yes once you do a bunch of blind scans you can go through and remove the TP's

Installation
edit satellite/TP
select satellite
go to the transponder
select delete

I found that with my CS5000 it will hold the new channels for each sat with a 0 channel number. If I do not reeboot the machine the buufer fills up and it looses all channels. A simple on and off cycle with the remote after a scan puts them in the channel list with a number and I have not lost the list in a long time.

I had tp overload the first few months that I had my pansat 3500 sd too. It happens to all new owners eventually I think.. especially if they scan multiple echostar and nimiq satellites - even if nothing's fta on there, it'll still pick up the $$$ and the tp list will just get longer, and longer, and longer... On a good note, if you do have a 3500, you can save your channel list on sd card... do that and make a copy on computer too. That way if you do have to do a factory reset, like I did once or twice after getting tp load, it won't be so bad...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)